Requesting help with Porting

I've been working on pre-emptively porting MotdSpork's Hyper Sonic and Hyper Knuckles script to v2.2.x (with his permission), however, I've been having issues re-implementing the code that allowed for the second transformation from Super to Hyper. I thought it'd be useful for custom characters that might use this script as a basis, so I wanted to re-implement it properly. I can get it to enable and disable Hyper mode just fine, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it play the Super transformation animation a second time.

As far as I can tell, I've fixed up most of the old code, but states S_PLAY_SUPERTRANS1 to S_PLAY_SUPERTRANS9 don't exist anymore--or if they do, they aren't going by the same name. Those segments of the code were what was allowing the Super transformation animation to play a second time, which is why I need to get that working again. Seeing as the list of states on the wiki hasn't been updated yet, is there a 2.2 equivalent I can access to achieve the same effect?

Last edited:
- states S_PLAY_SUPERTRANS1 to S_PLAY_SUPERTRANS9 don't exist anymore--or if they do, they aren't going by the same name. -
Using CTRL+F to search around in dehacked.c in SRB2 2.2's source code, "SUPERTRANS" doesn't exist.
"SUPER_TRANS" does, however, as part of "S_PLAY_SUPER_TRANS_1" up to and including "S_PLAY_SUPER_TRANS_6".

So those states still exist, they have just had an extra underscore added in their names, and have had the last 3 of the states cut off.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back