Render96

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Render96. The models don't work with how they're animated and they look really out of place in the more polygonal world. The models are great, don't get me wrong, I just think they don't fit SM64

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Render96. The models don't work with how they're animated and they look really out of place in the more polygonal world. The models are great, don't get me wrong, I just think they don't fit SM64
Completely agree, they honestly look off to me as Well.

Yeah tbh it didn't really feel right for me

Call me nostalgia-blinded but I still think that low-poly has more charm than most of those "HD-upscales" for retro games.

I wouldn't say that the team made a bad job (I really appreciate efforts by fans) but most of the time it could look like this
Vanilla vs HD Texture Pack Cat.png

Or that
ENHth8AWoAERyxI.png

So in short: don't make "HD" things that doesn't respect the artstyle or on low-poly models.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back