RailAI

RailAI 1.04

mans be walking very slowly towards the spring bruh lmaooo
Post automatically merged:

also they take like 10 centuries to respawn after they die tho

Ok but on the serious note, these bots attack at the weirdest of times. There was one time the same sonic bot walked up to the spring underwater and I was so close to it but it didn't attack me for some reason. Then the moment it jumped on the spring it attacked me. I find it quite difficult to get a proper read on them sometimes when I try to.

Attachments

• srb20187.gif
    srb20187.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
mans be walking very slowly towards the spring bruh lmaooo

also they take like 10 centuries to respawn after they die tho

Ok but on the serious note, these bots attack at the weirdest of times. There was one time the same sonic bot walked up to the spring underwater and I was so close to it but it didn't attack me for some reason. Then the moment it jumped on the spring it attacked me. I find it quite difficult to get a proper read on them sometimes when I try to.
Crap, forgot I had unfinished code for springs, that issue will be addressed soon

Blur updated RailAI with a new update entry:

Changelogs V1.01

Additions​
Fixed where bots don't spray with the automatic ring.
Fixed and added some code for reacting to springs

Added Ringslinger Neo support.

Changed how bots move to the side.

Removals​

Removed prototype comments and unneeded unused code.

(after some testing, please don't spawn unlockable characters)
(and I'm trying to find a way to make the bots respawn how they used to before this released.)

Read the rest of this update entry...

There's a hardcode bug right now that prevents multiplayer bots from respawning. You can address this by forcing their cmd.buttons to BT_JUMP inside a PreThinkFrame hook.

This is absolutely incredible! This is definitely a dream that's coming true!
This is just an absolute blast to play with indeed!

Here's a suggestion though: Maybe when they're losing enough or when they're in close proximity of one, they start to collect the Chaos Emeralds. This would especially be fun if it had compatibility with Super Forms in Ringslinger, since it'd mean that Chaos Emeralds can be given a reason why the AI would want to collect them and fight you for them

There's a hardcode bug right now that prevents multiplayer bots from respawning. You can address this by forcing their cmd.buttons to BT_JUMP inside a PreThinkFrame hook.
Oh alright, thanks! I will try to use this to fix this issue.

Good to see this update being released! This'll definitely help expand playability with custom characters! Though with characters like Samus and Duke Nukem, they always try and spin at monitors and thus get stuck (with Samus going into a Morph Ball and Duke Nukem just crouching) so I feel like there should be specific checks for them to shoot monitors rather than try and Spin them. Speaking of those characters, they always seem to use the regular Fire function which makes Samus always use missiles (even when she has none remaining) - I think Samus could be set to using NormalFire more frequently coupled with Fire so she can take advantage of her arsenal

Other than that, you've done a fantastic job with this update and I can't wait to see it improve further in the future!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back