Question about Skynum changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
I'm working on my first map, a race level, and there's something I want to ask about before I go on. If I set a sector to change the skynum only for one person (linedef type 123), would this result in a bad case of lagging?

Other than that, I would appreciate a couple of tips on how to equalize the difficulty for different characters, as in how to make it more fair for Tails and Knuckles players.

As to your first question, I don't believe it does. It might, though. You'd really have to test that.

As to your second, the only real way to do that is with an alternate path for T/K. Anything higher than Sonic can reach would work. Just make it a shorter path, and make checkmarks closer placed.

1. I would test it myself, but I only have a satellite connection at home. The most I can do here is play against my brother, and I doubt a 2 player right-next-to-each-other LAN connection would experience the same problems a 8-or-more player game over different connections would.

2. That's a good idea. Probably better than my original ideas:
a) A pool of water just a little too wide for a thok, so a Sonic player would fall in (and bounce back out on a spring) while Tails and Knuckles characters continue easily.
b) A very large L turn with a bottomless pit on the inside, with small platforms scattered here and there.

Actually your pool Idea sounds good. just make sure you mark the path with a knuckles flag. (I mean the texture normaly used in CTF)

By the way, for your first question, that linedef executor is actually broken. It'll change for all players anyways, IIRC.

EDIT: ZOMG some anonymous admin removed my rant from right before the above!

Kaysakado said:
By the way, for your first question, that linedef executor is actually broken. It'll change for all players anyways, IIRC.

Are you sure? Dang. My race was going to be made of short pieces inspired by the existing levels in SRB2, GreenFlower Zone, Techno Hill, etc. I even extracted the MIDI music for the levels and started combining them in Noteworthy Composer. GreenFlower Boss, Techno Hill, and Castle Eggman seem to have fit together rather well so far.

Ah well. I guess it could still work. I could just enclose the later areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back