Problem with Axis Transfer Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
Okay, I'm making a NiGHTS track, and I'm having trouble. Let me describe what's happening:

I have an Axis with radius 512 and flag 7. I placed an Axis Transfer Line 512 fracunits south of Axis Point 7, with flag 8. Then, I placed another Axis Transfer Line 1024 fracunits east of Axis Transfer Line 8, and gave it a flag of 9. Finally, I placed an Axis Point with radius 512 and flag 9 512 fracunits north of Axis Transfer Line 9.

The result? The Axes look fine, but SRB2DB does not connect ATL8 and ATL9. When I playtest the map, the transition from ATL8 to ATL9 to Axis 9, but when I reverse direction and travel from Axis 9 to ATL9, I get SIGSEGV'd.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Unfortunatly no one seems to know how to map NiGHTS maps. I already made a topic related to NiGHTS objects and no one replied >_>

I KNOW how to map NiGHTS maps. The problem is that the Axis Transfer Lines aren't working properly.

fawfulfan said:
Okay, I'm making a NiGHTS track, and I'm having trouble. Let me describe what's happening:

I have an Axis with radius 512 and flag 7. I placed an Axis Transfer Line 512 fracunits south of Axis Point 7, with flag 8. Then, I placed another Axis Transfer Line 1024 fracunits east of Axis Transfer Line 8, and gave it a flag of 9. Finally, I placed an Axis Point with radius 512 and flag 9 512 fracunits north of Axis Transfer Line 9.

The result? The Axes look fine, but SRB2DB does not connect ATL8 and ATL9. When I playtest the map, the transition from ATL8 to ATL9 to Axis 9, but when I reverse direction and travel from Axis 9 to ATL9, I get SIGSEGV'd.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Upload the WAD. I'm gonna need to see it myself.

It could be you have an incomplete track. When I tested the level Super Sonic was unable to warp between the first and last Axises.

Here's a link to the broken level.

http://www.4shared.com/file/124146154/159be7ef/s_fireflight.html

Also, can you guys please not spread this level around too much? I'm considering using it for the next OLDC and, as I'm sure you know, it's against the rules to submit a level for the contest that has already been released somewhere else. I don't know if getting Editing Help counts, but all the same...

You could have PM'd me if you don't want it widespread. And 4shared isn't going to help me at all, because the home filter blocks it.

There are many things wrong with it. For one, the track doesn't even make a complete loop. Big no-no, even if you intend for the player not to make a complete loop.

Second, what happened at Axis Transfer 4? Don't overlap it with Axis Transfer 6, instead change Axis 6 to Axis 4, and all subsequent flags.

Third, you have an Axis where you make a 270-degree turn. Not possible with one Axis, as an Axis will only let you make a maximum 180-degree turn. Create an Axis loop.

First, I will be making it a complete loop. The track isn't anywhere near finished.

Second, look closer. There IS an Axis Transfer 4, and 5. The third circle is an Axis Loop.

Third...oh, I hadn't noticed that. But I don't see why that would affect my Axis Transfer Lines. THAT'S the real problem I'm trying to overcome.

The axis transfer lines always cause sigsegvs on incomplete tracks. They crash going backwards unless you have at least two more axises made after them. (Something I picked up from basic NiGHTS mapping.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back