Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CEZ2

• GFZ1

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that game. It was good, or rather, would've been good if the control scheme wasn't so problematic. (PC version, FYI.)

Oh, Croc is MUCH better on the PS or Saturn. Trust me. Going off-topic for a sec, I think Croc is my favorite game of all time. I know this is a longshot, but is there anyone here who knows of a way to extract backgrounds, textures and the like from Croc?

Well, my problem is mostly that I have to do the DOOM thing and TURN instead of just push a direction and go in that (and before anyone asks, I play DOOM with the more modern, Quake-like control scheme of WASD+mouse). What's more, strafing is pretty slow, and, IIRC, won't work well when running. Plus the turn and strafe buttons reverse when you're jumping; whose bright idea was THAT?

Frankly, I don't think any of that would've been alleviated on any other version. Beyond that, though, it was pretty playable, just really hard; again, mostly because of the control scheme making jumping around kinda tricky. To this day, I don't think I've beaten it... even WITH the cheating to get to the secret final boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back