Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CEZ2

• GFZ1

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Castle Eggman Zone easily is my favorite in terms of music, especially act 2. And a bit of useless trivia, Arrow inadvertently made the intro to the music similar to that of The Castle of Dawn from Final Fantasy 5. Only the first few seconds though, it moves off into its own little tune after that.

The current music is getting old though, and unfortunately I have to say Mystic Realm's music is superior. It doesn't even sound like midi, it's so awesome.

It's not in the poll choices but, my favourite song would have to be the Credit's tune. Don't ask why... I just think it's pretty cool.

Look, the reason I didn't put all the music in it is because, there would be almost 50 choices up there, and I only wanted to put the main level music in the poll. :roll:

Overall, I'd have to say Meadow Match, Zero Ring, or Spring Hill. But in terms of main level music, I'd say THZ2 or CEZ3.

hotdog003 said:
Anyways, I bet the MIDI music in SRB2 used a soundfont. Or a tracker.

Some of those were MIDIs that AJ himself ran through his Korg. Most were entirely cleaned up and prettied by Cyan Helkaraxe. And I believe the Title Screen has some actual guitar included courtesy of InstantSonic's dad. There's some XG-enabled versions of a few of the songs floating around elsewhere too, which are really the only ones that can technically be true about being put through a soundfont (although XG offers VST-ish effects too).

I voted for THZ1 myself. Favorite song, barnone.

You know, I really need to upload all the music back to my site like I did months ago. Problem is, I don't think I have all the tracks anymore, since that was several versions back and new multiplayer stages had been added since then.

http://www.dszone.info/Extra/SRB2/ - The Soundtrack

Since there hasn't actually been a demo released in the last year and two months, this should very well be everything, except the songs I took out, being those from licensed sources (Superman, Invader Zim, NiGHTS, and Sonic Adventure 2) and the Christmas songs, since I need to properly name those first. Therefore, the Christmas songs will go up soon.

Songs 26 through 34 were used in the demo as multiplayer stage themes, but I played very little of the game's multiplayer, and I don't know what songs matched which stages. So I kept those files named based on the original singleplayer stages they were supposed to be attached to.

Super Sneakers is by Cyan Helkaraxe!

Mario 1-1 and 1-2 were MIDIs I found on VGMusic (I think), that I arranged and so forth to be suitable.

I *do* have EggRock music, but I will continue to pester you guys and not release it. Besides, it might change before the final (I'd like it to change...)

Thanks you two; updated. I don't know how I missed the Doomship thing. Unfortunately, if Mario 1-2 was on VGmusic.com at one time, it's not there anymore, unless AJ totally changed the midi.

LOL, does it even matter? The freaking thing is what, six measures? :lol:

Darkcity 2 should be Darkcity 1. XD

Changed, but are you sure? That song is the one I mentally had in my head for DC 2 for, like, the last 5 years. =/

Arrow said:
Changed, but are you sure? That song is the one I mentally had in my head for DC 2 for, like, the last 5 years. =/

Oh, really? Hahaha... What's 1, then? ^_^

Actually, the current DCZ music *might* not be suitable for how the actual level plays...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back