• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Planetary Doom (Beta 3 is out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wacky Woods 1 was interesting with the upper multiple paths, but the interest was killed when I noticed how cramped it was. It needs a lot more scenery and more areas to explore, I finished in 15 seconds without trying as Sonic. The music didn't really fit either, maybe a remix, but not the original.

Wacky Woods 2 had a bit more scenery, but it was still cramped and had small platforms that were hard to jump onto. The ceilings were low and made it difficult to jump to certain platfroms.

Wacky Woods 3 was a change from what we normaly get with bosses. The only thing I suggest is try to get eggman to blow the player off of the platform when he hits him. Leave some room for a capsule also.

Wacky Woods: 5/10

Improved greatly. Nice multiple paths. However, you should raise the ceiling where the red Spring is next to the pit, and the pit shouldn't be so near the floor level. The paths are a bit unbalanced. The spring with the pit is a bit harder than the other path, and the other path is longer. Also, Marble Zone doesn't really fit; Marble Zone has a sad ruin theme.

Wacky Woods 2: 3/10
Still cramped, short, unbalanced. And still, Marble Zone still doesn't fit.

Boss 1: 7/10

Good, original idea. I might recommend NOT having monitors; 40 rings is a lot.

FFZ1:1/10

Only the beginning, but it is horrible cramped.

FFZ2:

Read above.

FFZ3: 0/10

Not even made.

JIZ1: 0/10

Not even made.

4/10

Better, but not the good or bad.

Guys, you still aren't reading my posts. The WWZ criticism is fine, but the other levels are PREVIEWS. Also, maps 13 and 15 are previewed too.

The Dark Fox said:
Also, Marble Zone doesn't really fit; Marble Zone has a sad ruin theme.

OK, I'll test some SRB2 music in it. Verdant Forest would be too generic, but I'll have a look...

Chrome said:
Leave some room for a capsule also.

Sorry, Chrome, but I couldn't make and Egg Capsule if my life depended on it. Even with the help of the Wiki.

Chrome said:
I finished in 15 seconds without trying as Sonic.

O.O

How do you play SRB2 normally?!?

Superusuario said:
Marble Zone music...I couldn't support it...Sucks...The pathways are fine but...I went into some traps and i fell on them...I didn't know that...

That's not exactly a reason to give me 1/10. Some traps and bad music shouldn't take 9 points off a map.

Superusuario said:
Reason:They are only music and header replacements...

Reason:They are only unfinished...
Wrong forum, man. This is EDITING, not Mod Releases.

Overall, It looks like Guitarplaya's the only one who read my posts.
Guitarplaya said:
Liked the FFZ2 start,
Start, guys. Start. Key word.

*offtopic* Guitarplaya's back? O.O

I suggest you to make the headers when the maps are done...And i suggest you to not release incomplete levels.(AKA:Without Exit Sectors)They are Hangout-Type.
Wait...I don't know why i love to rate maps with -10 to 5...I gave you a 1/10 because you didn't said nothing of where are the secret traps and i hate everything related to Marble Zone...As how TDF said...Marble Zone has a sad ruin theme.

Pay no attention to the talking goat in the room, Tycoon. Just move along. I would take Chrome's advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back