• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Planetary Doom (Beta 3 is out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tycoon

OK, now for Beta 3. Now includes a finished JIZ1 and IPZ1.

First of all, download link:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=23247bb2825872d940d502fcd36b1682

Beta 1:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3483478/e5c735aa/WackyWoods.html

Features:

Classic-style vertical multiple paths
Lots of FOFs and tagging
Secrets with Chaos Emeralds inside
Width balancing
Clever traps
Replay value
Boss SOCs (no turretfire, yay!)

Screenies or GTFO:

Start area
http://www.imagehuge.com/images/dya24zv86g4cj3867yae.png
One of the paths (yes, the bobbing FOFs are tagged different)
http://www.imagehuge.com/images/njosd265sz8xk6hqr8v8.png
Where the first paths join
http://www.imagehuge.com/images/6nj2rch1btuz5eauo1ev.png
Tree hollow (lolwut?)
http://www.imagehuge.com/images/gf60214slimpiqkf8os.png
Large lake area
http://www.imagehuge.com/images/s7v6ekfezwjvovcj9xa.png

Will upload more as the levels are made.

Planned Zones:

Wacky Woods (90%) (Verdant Forest style)
Furnace Fright (10%) (Like THZ2 with lava)
Frozen Ridge (2%) (Midnight Freeze stlye)
Jubiliant Isles (30%) (Flattish, wide, and in a sea)
Isolated Palace (30%) (Castle Eggman style)

Boss SOC and arena info:

WWZ - Stays in one place, jump up tree stumps to hit him. (done)
FFZ - Doughnut of land on lava, Egg Slimer spawns Buzzes. (not done)
FRZ - Lots of FOFOF'ing, jump through passages to reach Egg Slimer. (not done)
JIZ - Deathpit lake with an immobile Eggman shooting lasers at you, large tunnels surround lake. (not done)
IPZ - Jump over heaps of spikeballs to reach a mobile Eggman who shoots youevery one second. (not done)

Sketched unreleased levels:

Bosses 2,3,4,5
JIZ2
FRZ1

Have fun! :D

*offtopic* A question about the SOCs; How do you put multiple SOCs into a Mod?

Donovan The Hedgehog said:
1st post and 1st downloader!

I might take that back because of the rating........

I'll give you my review later, right now I am playing it.

Edit: Alright, here is the review.

WwZ1 - 2/10
What the heck happened? one pool had no spring and you drown, all cloged up in tiny spaces, a little bit of an overflow on things, skill over hard for a first level, you should cross this level out.

WWZ2 - 1/10
Another what the heck, this time why is a extra life box in a pit that you can't jump up high? No space to run, incomplate, you should read the wiki.

Overall 1.50/10
You should take 74% more time with your maps if its gonna be in a mod, by the way probally no one will want to join a team like that and heres some advice The wiki is your friend

You're not fooling anyone, I'll Begin. The download counter read "1" when I went to download it. :P
Anyway, I'll edit my post with how it went.

EDIT:Okay, let me just say that you really need to take more time on this. Small, cramped levels with low ceilings and paths that are next to pointless are not exactly A+ material. Heck, the second act isn't even done yet. I don't know why you bothered posting a level and a half, calling it a "mod".Why didn't you at least bother to FINISH it before you posted it? :/

I can't really give you any advice on how to fix this, as this isn't even done...
Scale your level up about 200%? Lol?

Donovan the hedgehog said:
Donovan The Hedgehog said:
1st post and 1st downloader!

I might take that back because of the rating........

I'll give you my review later, right now I am playing it.

Edit: Alright, here is the review.

WwZ1 - 2/10
What the heck happened? one pool had no spring and you drown, all cloged up in tiny spaces, a little bit of an overflow on things, skill over hard for a first level, you should cross this level out.

WWZ2 - 1/10
Another what the heck, this time why is a extra life box in a pit that you can't jump up high? No space to run, incomplate, you should read the wiki.

Overall 1.50/10
You should take 74% more time with your maps if its gonna be in a mod, by the way probally no one will want to join a team like that and heres some advice The wiki is your friend

About WWZ2, IT'S NOT FINISHED. Read my friggin post, will ya? Guys, 'mod in progress'? Hello?
About WWZ1, I see what you mean about the pool. 'Over hard' you say, but this is easy enough for me to win in 20 seconds with Knuckles.

Anyway, I'll keep working on them.

...why is the lower path of Act 1 much shorter than the upper paths?

I was trying to make a kind of time-attack-to-explorey balance. Who climbs hedges to get to a cavern when they're trying to timeattack? But who want to take a short jump over a lake and a few traps that require speend when they're exploring?

Well...My ratings...
WwZ1:1/10
Bad...Spring Yard Zone music doesn't fits...Some long...A first level for a mod should be inished like 00:10-00:55.Not 01:00-02:00.Thats for a second level.1st levels should be simple.You should make it bigger(NOT to make a HOM)
WwZ2:-10/10
The worst of the levels...Very incomplete...I got the life box monitor bouncing.Spring Yard Zone music still doesn't works here.Incomplete levels like this shouldn't be released.
Overall:-5/10.
You should use another musicslot and remove that music that is not well converted.You should take care of other characters that aren't Knuckles.Take your time to finish this and don't rush.

Tycoon said:
About WWZ2, IT'S NOT FINISHED. Read my friggin post, will ya? Guys, 'mod in progress'? Hello?
The answer is simple. Just don't release unfinished levels in your mod.

...wow, you're getting defensive over a level?

^He was clearly talking to Tycoon, man.

Anyway, revamp the first level so that it isn't so cramped and strange.

I was trying to make a kind of time-attack-to-explorey balance. Who climbs hedges to get to a cavern when they're trying to timeattack? But who want to take a short jump over a lake and a few traps that require speend when they're exploring?

Those short hops on the trees leading to the alternate path? Completely pointless. Make sure your paths are sort of equal, nobody is going to take a 30 second alternate path over a 5 second one. Why should I explore an alternate path if there's nothing of value in it? Besides, nobody wants to speedrun a small, claustrophobic stage. It's just frustrating. Make it larger. Please? :(

EDIT:Okay, it's not exactly claustrophobic. It's just smallish, and jumping from point A to B is like jumping the entire length of the stage.

I don't even care that it's "in progress". If I give you half a can of soda, and tell you that the other half is "in progress", that still wouldn't make it okay, would it?

I guess it's time you listen to them, then.

On the debate about the voting:
I said:
The answer is simple. Just don't release unfinished levels in your mod.

I (Superusuario) wrote:
Incomplete levels like this shouldn't be released.

Did you watched what i just even said?
My ratings in the another posts were
1st Act=1/10
2nd Act=-10/10.
I did not said 10/10.Did you watched the "-"Before the first 10 on the 2nd act rating?If i said that...Remake it.

You're acting like I'm an ignorant person for saying that the levels are unfinished. I never said anything about Act 2 having a score of nevative-ten. I don't get where you got the idea from. And besides, I'm not blind. I can see a minus sign before the 10.

Superusuario said:
Well...My ratings...
Bad...Spring Yard Zone music doesn't fits...Some long...A first level for a mod should be inished like 00:10-00:55.Not 01:00-02:00.Thats for a second level.1st levels should be simple.You should make it bigger(NOT to make a HOM)
WwZ2:-10/10
The worst of the levels...Very incomplete...I got the life box monitor bouncing.Spring Yard Zone music still doesn't works here.Incomplete levels like this shouldn't be released.
Overall:-5/10.
You should use another musicslot and remove that music that is not well converted.You should take care of other characters that aren't Knuckles.Take your time to finish this and don't rush.

I thought Spring Yard music fit quite well. Perhaps Marble or Labrynth Zone?
You said to take care of players other than Knuckles. I was saying that it's about GFZ1 length. (which it is)
Beta 2 is in prgoress, with wider and in some places taller paths. It will also include a finished first version of WWZ, with an additional one-room preview of every level that will be released, like Beta 1's WWZ2. Also, Jubiliant Isles and Isolated Palace are being swapped.

Hey, nice work on Beta 2! Liked the FFZ2 start, and the music swapping fitted. Good job.

*offtopic* Winks at all you guys who know who I am. ;)

*Facepalm*In my post i told you to not use Sonic 1/2/3 music...Every custom music'll make the file bigger
Ok.Ratings:
Marble Zone music...I couldn't support it...Sucks...The pathways are fine but...I went into some traps and i fell on them...I didn't know that...
WwZ2:N/A
Reason:This is beta 1's WwZ1!See my old WwZ1 ratings
WwZ3:0/10
*Facepalm*CEZ3 Music doesn't fits on any normal boss battle level...Normal boss or Mystic Realm Boss battle tunes will fit...
FFZ1:0/10
Reason:No exit!
FFZ2:1/10
Reason:Read FFZ1's reason...But i gave you a 1 because the start is good.
FFZ3 To CEZ3:N/A
Reason:They are only music and header replacements...
JIZ1:N/A
Reason:Same as FFZ1's one.
Overall:0/10
Worse than the older one...Can you get out that music please?You can use SRB2's music to do your mod...Make 80%+ job on your mod.

Superusuario said:
*Facepalm*In my post i told you to not use Sonic 1/2/3 music...
GET OUT THAT MUSIC!

Quick Guitarplaya! Bow down to superusuario, he knows everything about how to make a good mod.
Now, I know it's your opinion Superusuario, but instead of demanding things, how about suggesting things instead. Because ordering people around will almost guarantee them doing the exact opposite of your orders...

Ice said:
Superusuario said:
*Facepalm*In my post i told you to not use Sonic 1/2/3 music...
GET OUT THAT MUSIC!

Quick Guitarplaya! Bow down to superusuario, he knows everything about how to make a good mod.
Now, I know it's your opinion Superusuario, but instead of demanding things, how about suggesting things instead. Because ordering people around will almost guarantee them doing the exact opposite of your orders...
Crap...I forgot to not use capitals...I was not demanding...I was suggesting...Fixing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back