Pierre the Peacock

Pierre the Peacock 1.4

Commemorative Download Celebrations

View attachment 56817

Two Thousand Downloads!

I The image is a little over due, but a while ago Pierre hit over two-thousand downloads! We are already halfway to three-thousand at my time of posting this, and I am continually humbled and delighted. To those of you who have been playing as Pierre, hosting him on your servers, and just enjoying him overall, thank you all so much. I am truly grateful <3

-------

View attachment 41040

One Thousand Downloads for Pierre!

I am so incredibly grateful for Pierre having accepted so fondly by this community. All of the hard work and passion I put into him, and all the affection I have for this bird has truly paid off, and I couldn't be more thankful. Having read every review, having watched that download counter tick up and up. And here we finally are, at quadruple digits!
Thank you everybody who's supported Pierre thus far, and I hope for your continued support
I am so entirely humbled, thank you all <3
-------

View attachment 38768

Pierre the Peacock

-------

Link to the Addon Release! Click here!

-------

Say hello to Pierre, the acrobatic air-twirling peacock. My first custom character for SRB2!

Now that the Message Board has re-opened for posting, I am ready to share months of work with everybody!
I am incredibly proud, and incredibly excited to let everybody get theirs hands on my Addon.

-------

Special Moves

Now on with the demonstration! Pierre comes with a few simple, yet incredibly helpful moves that help him traverse each Zone
You can read about them from his Character Selection shown below, as well as Gif files I have provided.

View attachment 38759

Air Twirl

View attachment 38762

An Air Twirl is Pierre's main attraction. Activated by pressing the Spin button midair, it allows him to stall in the air, while retaining his momentum. This allows him to cover incredible distances! Performing an Air Twirl also puts Pierre in a more vulnerable falling state, where he can still bounce off of monitors and Badniks if your positioning and air control is careful.

There is a brief cooldown attached to this move.

Twirl Thok

View attachment 38764

The Twirl Thok is the second special move available to Pierre. By pressing the Jump button midair, Pierre is given a short burst of speed in the direction being faced. Similarly to the Air Twirl, this places him in a vulnerable falling state.

Additionally, the Twirl Thok can be used at any point while in the air after performing a Jump. This means you can use an Air Twirl at time, and Twirl Thok at any point before hitting the ground. This is especially true inversely. Using a Twirl Thok followed by repeated Air Twirls is a fantastic method Pierre can use to cover a large distance in a short amount of time.

The Twirl Thok does not share the same cooldown as an Air Twirl, and can only be refreshed by landing.

-------

Special Traits

In addition to his Special Moves, Pierre comes with a couple of notable special traits that set him apart.

High Jump

View attachment 38765

Pierre's ability to leap and reach high ledges is nothing to sneeze at! Light as a feather, it's one of his defining talents as an individual. It is a talent that will come in handy for any sort of player!

Ring Loss

View attachment 38766

Being something of a lightweight, Pierre has a harder time keeping a hold of all of his Rings whenever he is hit. Farther his faster his rings will fly, much more so than most other characters. Be careful around enemies and bosses!

-------

View attachment 38767

This project has been in the making for a couple months now as of posting this. And on numerous occasions, I have been more than flattered by kind words from the community. And I have been helped more than I can give thanks for by them as well

I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support that I, this Addon, and Pierre have received over the months. And I hope you have a wonderful time playing with them <3

That's all for now!
Thank you for reading <3

-------

Version 1.0 - Submitted first version
Version 1.1 - Fixed an issue that caused Pierre's special moves to not function properly in Multiplayer​
This Mod is pretty nice!Keep up the good work :)

I like the model a lot! I'll play with Pierre more often now, and soon I'll leave a review for you!

DakotaSpine updated Pierre the Peacock with a new update entry:

Pierre is Super! - Version 1.4

Hey all! I finally went updated a few things about Pierre's Super form. So now he has proper new visuals to suit his transformation! I also touched up some sprites that weren't changed last update, and gave Super Pierre a perk that now leaves a trail of fire in his wake as he rolls across the ground
In addition, there have been a few bugs that have been fixed, as well as few visual changes across the board
I hope you enjoy it! <3

Read the rest of this update entry...

Will there be a update for the super button replacement for Pierre? Despite everything working fine it's a little annoying to have to reroute because I wanted to use the spin ability just to turn super and rethink where to move.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back