• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Part *TWO* and *ADVENTURE* of Emerald Coast FD -FINISHED-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digiku

Emerald Coast FD - Part Two: http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/viewtopic.php?t=70&start=48
Emerald Coast FD - Adventure: http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/viewtopic.php?t=70&start=51

Edit: Modifications have been made to Part One to make it a more accurate conversion. The intermission screen has been implemented and the music was completely stripped (Sorry but it had to be done)

http://digiku.free-host.com/eczorig.zip - Completed Part One

With all three parts of Emerald Coast finished, you'd think that the Emerald Coast FD project is done. Alas, it is not. There's still one more part to complete, but that's for you to guess.

-------------------

emercost2.gif

Years ago, SRB2 Xmas v0.96 came to be. Released on CD first, a year later, it was released to the public. One of the levels was a bit a secret one; a level known as Emerald Coast, created by our SSNTails :D.

For a while now, people have marveled greatly at this stage and how they wished it would be playable in more recent demos. A fellow named DOHlberg (who still hangs around #srb2 in a different alias) made a conversion to Demo 4.x, though there was one missing for Final Demo. That's when I came along.

This is from the past...

emercost1.gif

And this is in the present.

The recent livening of Emerald Coast-to-FD action inspired me to start the "Emerald Coast FD" project, a two-part feat that, as the name explains, converts Emerald Coast into an FD-playable stage. I've been working on this for almost a week now (though most of it was slacking off), and so far, I'm liking it. So far, Part One is complete, and Part Two will come. What is Part Two? That's my (and a few #srb2netgameers') secret.

What's being shown in this topic is Part One, which is simply a completely accurate conversion and nothing more. That means no extra improvements, like colormaps and sticky sectors. I tried to make this the most accurate conversion possible, and stuff like that will keep me from my goal. I've imported almost every flat and texture utilized by the original map into this wad, and as far as I know, the placement is spot-on. Of course, I could've provided the absence of music in this map, but I decided to be nice and included some sounds.

You'd think that converting such an outdated stage would be impossible, but what I did was surprising; it's a relatively simple precedure. It's replacing patches and editing texture names that was the hard part. What I exactly did, you ask? It involves "Select All" (and it's not just dragging the stage into an editable area on Wadauthor). That's all I'll tell you :P.

I know it's not much, especially when I've done next to nothing to edit the original gameplay of this map, but here are some screenshots anyway :E.

emercost3.gif

The art of criss-crossing "bridges".

emercost8.gif

Just another random landform :/.

emercost7.gif

Hm... I wonder where this came from!

emercost11.gif

I loved this part of SA1's Emerald Coast. The sharp curve is just so... cool!

emercost5.gif

As Sonic dives off the downhill rock path, will he land safely on the physics-defying sand?

emercost4.gif

The ol' whale bridge-- now surrounded by the great pillars! (Literally, they're great)

emercost12.gif

The last part of the stage. My personal favorte, actually :E.

emercost9.gif

The motherlode!

emercost10.gif

OMFG! It's the end of the screenshots!

Jealous? Here's the file:
http://digiku.free-host.com/ecz.zip
(615kb)
Btw, Mystic, this isn't an Addons submission, as I've just decided so

Spiffy. Does the whale bridge part have speed boosters on it? Because if it doesn't, it should. :E

TOL_ADVENTURE? ;)

You can do those sideways spring things underneath the bridge with a little SOC editing...

Way back when I was making the map I had wanted to add stuff like that, but I was too stupid then.

Pretty as it is, Emerald Coast has very little replay value, since it's linear and has no real secrets to speak of. Why don't you connect the end to the beginning, add some starposts, and use it for the new Circuit mode? It would be perfect for that!

This is the major problem with Sonic Adventure as a whole, a441. That is a very accurate copy of the first Half of Emerald Coast, really. Double the size of it, and you've basically got Emerald Coast.

Thats one heck of a wad digiku. But sometimes when i go tp play it on srb2v4 the textures will be differant than they are supposed to be. like the texture of the stands will be a plant texture.

That's because wall textures aren't added on if you use the console for some reason

As far as I know, it only works if you use the command line to add zeh wad

a441's got a point there. For example: in FD 1.01, the railings lood like SonicII hidden palace waterslides! Wierd, huh?

Megasonic101/SRB2 said:
Mind telling us what Part 2 is all about? Or justing hinting?

I it going to be the second [part of the REAL version? Or something...else...?

I think part 2 is the rest of Emerald Coast, its not meant to end where it did =P

No, this is all there is. Part Two refers to Part Two of the conversion and updating of the already existing level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back