Opinion: Sonic 4 is a good game.

I actually liked both Sonic 4: Episodes I and II, the latter more than the former. All I can say is: Both games did an honest attempt to return to the Classic games' original roots. The physics engine in Episode I, while wonky, did leave me a few moments where I laughed my head off at how janky it was. Thankfully, Episode II fixed a majority of the problems that Episode I had.

If I had one complaint, for Co-op mode in Episode II, Tails should've had his own set of Rings instead of making both players share the same amount of Rings and lives. However, I did like the new power-ups it had, such as that one Golden Monitor where Sonic and Tails bounce across the screen, racking up points as the player taps the screen or presses the Jump button as fast as they can. For true Classic flavor, Episode II should've had a Versus mode similar to Sonic the Hedgehog 2, with the same categories (Score, time, rings, maximum rings carried, monitors broken).

All in all, I like both Episode I and II a lot, as they are both games I play during my down time.

Personally, I agree with the person who made this thread that Sonic 4 overall is a good series. I think that the music is actually good (especially the boss pinch music), the physics, while not the best, can most likely get a chuckle out of people playing the game for the first time and sonic's model and the overall presentation looks nice, even though some people will say that sonic looks very shiny and that running animation is 10/10 very beautiful running animation The special stages depend on which episode you're playing. Episode 1's special stages I actually cannot stand, but Episode 2's special stages are actually fun once you get the hang of them, and I think I enjoy playing them more than I enjoy using super sonic in that game, and that's coming from someone who practically simps likes super sonic a lot. In the end, I enjoy replaying both of these games, but then again I grew up on those games, playing them from an early age. I personally think it's a good game, and while not up there with games such as S3(&K), Sonic Mania or Sonic 2, it's still a good experience and would recommend it to people who want a simple sonic experience.

i mean yeah okay opinion i understand i dont want to backlash at you even i too kinda like sonic 4 but i recommend to play on mobile and not the pc, wii, xbox and playstation ports of the game

I am surprised that not many people like Sonic 4. It's a fun little game (actually 2 games) that does a good job of returning back to Sonic's roots. But sadly, no matter how much good things there are in this game, fans always hate this game for no apparent reason. They always say that the physics are clunky, the graphics is awful and the music is garbage, which I never agreed with since the beginning. As a kid, I played Sonic 4 alongside all the mobile classics (1,2,CD). As a kid, there was no difference between them for me, and even today, I never find much differences in the physics. I am also a huge fan of the Homing Attack and despite what everyone says, I believe that the Homing Attack works well in 2D and it should be included in more Sonic games. The graphics are kinda off in Ep1, but they pretty much fixed it in Ep2, and they really pop. The music is phenomenal, despite the instruments. It has a pretty distinct feel to it and I like that. The level designs are great, kinda like Sonic 2 which was the peak of Classic Sonic level design. The Sonic+Tails combos in Ep2 are also a nice touch.

I am not saying that Sonic 4 is PERFECT. But I do think that it should get more love and acceptance from the Sonic community.
Yo no eh jugado Sonic 4 pero para mí no es tan málo ami punto de vista ya que si se ve que está feo los gráficos en consola (en ep1) aunque la versión de phone es mejor es casi cómo lo dijo sergi (es un youtuber) que fue diseñado especialmente para los phone

Sonic 4 isnt a good game.
The people who say this game is a garbage are right.

Physics are the worst,you litreally cant move properly and you will probably get hit into a badnik.

Dont make me mention Special Stages i. Ep. I. Its Sonic 1's Special Stages,but million times worse. Now there you have a timer and mixing it with clunky controls,you will have no fun here.

Sonic+Tails combo gimmick in Ep. II. also isnt cool. Take that snow level in there for example (i forgot the name but idc because the games suck).There,if you dont do the combo,you will stuck. And if you accidentally got your finger of the combo button,you will also die.

Going back to Sonic's original 2D roots in this style of a garbage game isnt the way(which we all see),and Sonic Mania saved the entire franchise.

To conclude it all, Sonic franchise in 2010's was a waste of time. Sega didnt made those 2 games good enough so we can enjoy playing them.

Sonic 4 wasnt good,it isnt good even now and will never be it.

Last edited:
Sonic 4 not great game
But and not bad game.
Episode 1 are funny.
But most like on remake of sonic 1 and 2.
Homing attack look good in 2d
I most Homing attack
Not THOK THOK THOK.
Not DROP DASH DROP DASH DROP DASH.
You can play once.

Episode 2 are not very funny than episode 1
He boring.

Episode 1:
[⭐⭐⭐ ]

Episode 2:
[⭐⭐ ]

This post:
[🥪 ]

Sonic 4 not great game
But and not bad game.
Episode 1 are funny.
But most like on remake of sonic 1 and 2.
Homing attack look good in 2d
I most Homing attack
Not THOK THOK THOK.
Not DROP DASH DROP DASH DROP DASH.
You can play once.

Episode 2 are not very funny than episode 1
He boring.

Episode 1:
[⭐⭐⭐ ]

Episode 2:
[⭐⭐ ]

This post:
[🥪 ]
You do know that some of your posts are hard to understand because you are a Russian,right?

Personally, the Sonic 4 Duology are good games, I even like it more than Sonic 2 and Cd. I understand why people don't like it, but personally, the physics were never as horrible as most people think.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back