OMG PLEASE

Lanta

Some person on the internet
Jeck's models aren't working for whatever reason, and I want to fix it. This frequently happens and it worked for a good while. All I want to do is play MC Sonic in 3d. Here are some photos.

Attachments

• 2021-12-10 (1).png
    2021-12-10 (1).png
    382.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 2021-12-10 (3).png
    2021-12-10 (3).png
    367.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 2021-12-10.png
    2021-12-10.png
    262.4 KB · Views: 178
Jeck's models aren't working for whatever reason, and I want to fix it. This frequently happens and it worked for a good while. All I want to do is play MC Sonic in 3d. Here are some photos.
You are using Modern Sonic, Not MCSonic. Did you also edit your models.dat file? In most model packs/patches, there should be some text for the models.dat, whether it be on the mod's page, or the archive itself.

I am aware of using Modern Sonic, but he's included in the pack either way. Also, I don't tamper with any of that, only when I tried adding Saturn Dreams. And the time I added MCSonic+ to VDLC (Today)

I am aware of using Modern Sonic, but he's included in the pack either way. Also, I don't tamper with any of that, only when I tried adding Saturn Dreams. And the time I added MCSonic+ to VDLC (Today)
First of all, I'd recommend switching to MCSonic for the screenshots for OBVIOUS REASONS, and if you don't want to tamper with the models.dat, then you won't have the model.

Just tell me how to make all the models work please

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 84
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    6 MB · Views: 90
As you were told, you need to use the character that the model is for. (Usually, the model pack's page has information about what characters and objects are supported, so that should give you an idea.)

If you don't want to do that for some reason, then you have to tweak models.dat to force the character you're using to use a specific model. Shouldn't be hard, since every line is formatted like <spriteset> <modelpath> <scale> <offset>. See the wiki for details.

Note that making a character wear a model it was not designed for could cause minor issues, like animations playing where they shouldn't or animations not being played, but otherwise should work.

I specifically downloaded the Junio and Metal model pack, and it says it supports MC Sonic.

Most of this is correct, but it seems to actually be the skin name instead of the spriteset, whatever that means.
Not sure if you noticed that I linked to the wiki page about models? The text is colored blue.
Just in case, here's an image:

1639239908595.png

Now look at this:

1639240117676.png

This is a screenshot from srb2.pk3.
See how there are several graphics with the RING prefix?
That's a spriteset in a nutshell - It's a collection of sprites under a particular name.
models.dat accepts this sprite prefix as a value for the first parameter, telling the game "I want all these sprites to display this model".

By the way, if you're giving an object a model, you are actually giving the sprite itself a model. Any object that wears that particular sprite will display the respective model.
It changes a bit if you instead specify a character skin, in which case the model will show up when that skin is being used.

I specifically downloaded the Junio and Metal model pack, and it says it supports MC Sonic.
Did you extract the MCSonic models to the right spot?
Did you modify models.dat to include MCSonic?

Does this count?

Attachments

• 2021-12-11 (3).png
    2021-12-11 (3).png
    765.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 2021-12-11.png
    2021-12-11.png
    756.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 2021-12-11 (2).png
    2021-12-11 (2).png
    798.6 KB · Views: 87
Models.dat is just a text file. Open it in Notepad. You can use the information from this thread to do the rest.

And then?
Post automatically merged:

Wait it's not on my desktop nor my models file

Last edited:
Okay, if you don't even have models.dat, and SRB2 is on your desktop, then if I were you I wouldn't proceed without backing up your SRB2 stuff and installing a fresh copy of SRB2 somewhere else (I keep mine in a folder in Documents). I have seen people run into countless issues when installing the game on the desktop or in Program Files.

I have an extra RaR file in my Just in case folder
Post automatically merged:

In here

Attachments

• 2021-12-11 (5).png
    2021-12-11 (5).png
    729.8 KB · Views: 84

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back