Old SRB2 Ogg Files / Alt Ogg Files

Especially after hearing O_MAP20M.ogg in srb2 2.0's files, and of course theres the talks (over) in XMAS 0.96 i felt the need to make this thread. Alt music files are in 2.2 and 2.0, do you think the alt files would have played over act 2 (act 1 if there's only 1 act) in a "special edition" of SRB2, or do you think they're there purely for like if they sold a disk with the soundtrack (idk if srb2 can sell anything but im saying like as an example, "if the soundtrack was on a disk would the alts be there" kinda thing)

From what I can tell, some of the alts are for ringslinger stages. Some alts are unused entirely.
And a select few are from older OST's. THZALT is pre 2.2 THZ2, for example.

I have no idea what O_MAP20M.ogg is, but Metal Sonic has a theme song (O_MAP25M.ogg) [NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH HIS BATTLE THEME] in 2.0. Perhaps Metal Sonic actually showed up for more than a "oh hey im dr robotnik's iconic robot and i exist and im the 3rd last boss AND second last boss, race me like in sonic cd and then fight me in an arena" thing. Having his own theme song may imply idk he could have shown up for a non-bossbattle/race encounter.
Post automatically merged:

In 2.0 theres a "Final Fight Zone (beta)" ogg file. Sounds similar to the Vs Brak fight we have now in 2.2, like it has a similar melody or leitmotif or something.

Oh neat, we have Green Hill Zone.ogg in 2.0, we still do have it in 2.2 i believe the multiplayer map is called "Sapphire Hill"?

in 2.0 O_MAP88M.ogg is called "Arid Canyon 2" despite there already being a song called Arid Canyon 2 it being the song for the multiplayer map that was actually removed from SRB2. I believe its White Garden maybe? It has water, TONS of rings, pretty big map, and i believe the main colors are green for the grass and white for the rock. Could be misremembering.

Oh, Aerial Garden Zone Beta is apparently Nights Attack... it seems like alot of these names are misleading anyhow, theres a version of Arid Canyon 2 but with missing instruments... and it has the same name as the one with instruments.
Props to having songs for levels that didnt exist yet, though they could have been used for multiplayer too

Oh neat, AGZAlt 2.2 is the same AGZAlt from 2.0
Both have AGZ4 in their title, and of course the album name is Mystic Realm

Neat, the old introduction music (sounds similar to SRBii opening) has the AoSTH Robotnik theme mixed in.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back