Official Level Design Contest: May/June

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen some pretty successful contests in my time. Looks like we're picking up again.

This is the last day we can submit? cause I'm almost finishing WED.
It gets pretty g00d

That's a relief. Arf scared me when he said that. :eek:
'Cus, that've meant I've failed my promise to submit at least 2 levels this contest. I'm already thinking of a 1-P level idea... :wink:

Uff, sorry, I was worried like a week ago because I thaught the contest ended on 1st of June, So, yesterday I rushed myself to end WED.WAD and got crappy results. Anyway, I just understood the end submission period badly.

I have three wads prepared for this contest, and I plan to have at least 1 more.

COMPLETED WADS:
Arabian Nights (MTA)
Piano Room (MTA)
April Showers (Tentative title) (MTA)

WADS IN PROGRESS:
May Flowers (MTA)
??? (???)

Yeah, I made Piano Room off the top of my head, and finished it in one day. :mrgreen:

Piano... That gave me a great idea thanks!!! Anyway im going to focus on one super map. Lost Research Station(MTFA) With my random imagination and Srb2 the greatest map ever will soon emerge from the depths of the internet. But the word Piano gives me some awesome ideas. Ok I can make a nice 1P level titled "Symphonious Music Zone". I have plenty of time to make the ultimate multiplayer map and a nice bonus singleplayer map.

I think If you like going up and down you're really going to like WED. Also if you love a lot of secret areas, multiple paths. Ahhh, and I forcedcharacer to sonic, because, It would waste fun....

Guys: Badamn! Just... BADAMN! Eh, yeah, looks nice.

Sadly, I haven't even STARTED any of my maps... =/

I'm not in this one, this time. I have way, WAYYYYYY too many things to do, mainly trying to get SPM 12 out as soon as possible and working on TNAoStH, both of which are actually a little more important then my entry could ever be in a contest.

Sorry, guys :(

Im too creative. I have this new idea for a 1p map which I have to make or I will drive my self insane by thinking about it. Ok that makes three maps from me then. Im going to be a mapping factory this month with finishing up Sonic The Hedgehog Revitalized and all of that.

Current Maps For Contest:
1. Lost Reserch Station (MTFA)
2. Symphonious Music Zone (1P)
3. Realm of the Clown (1P)

It is suggested that people who are greatly afraid of clowns should not play number three.

'Realm of the Crown'? Sounds epic.
EDIT: Nevermind, I read it wrong.

MP:
Campfire Chaos

SP:
Windows Nightmare
Floodwater Forest (highly unlikely)

Arf said:
I think If you like going up and down you're really going to like WED. Also if you love a lot of secret areas, multiple paths. Ahhh, and I forcedcharacer to sonic, because, It would waste fun....

Yeah, forcecharacter isn't the best thing in the world, mainly because it doesn't work properly.

I said:
WADS IN PROGRESS:
May Flowers (MTA)

I am giving May Flowers a complete overhaul and renaming it to May Mudpools. Think of it as a sequel to April Showers when you play it.

Forcecharacter doesn't work????
Can someone tell me how to make this level only playable as sonic. I have thought of a wall that surrounds you when you play as Tails or knuckles. Does anybody have any idea?

Sorry, nothing you can do really. There's no way to make a Sonic only area as far as I know. The best thing you can do is use wind, which Sonic can thok through, but Knux can glide through as well. Tails has no way through however, and it's a lot easier to restrict Knuckles. The biggest problem is that as this will be part of a mega-wad, you'll be forcing Tails players to switch, and that puts them at a disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back