Nu Angel Island Zone - Act 1

Nu Angel Island Zone - Act 1 1.21

BIGDOG

I'm a dog you don't wanna mess with.
BIGDOG submitted a new resource:

Nu Angel Island Zone - Act 1 - Experience the first level of Sonic 3 like never before!

[TRAILER]

Made by the amazing Director Star. You gotta watch this.

[NOTES]

:!: This level was designed around the Boostmentum mod by Star - please install it for the intended experience!

:!:This is also an OpenGL EXCLUSIVE level, so it won't run well in Software mode.

[DESCRIPTION]

Presenting...

Read more about this resource...

This is SO good! I can't wait for act 2 (possibly) because it can borrow from this (act 1).
Post automatically merged:

Btw, I hosted this in a server and... Somebody said i recreated S3AIR in SRB2
funny accident

Last edited:
aithumbfullwallpaperfinal.png

i made this level btw

Attachments

• aithumbfullwallpapernocharsfinal.png
    aithumbfullwallpapernocharsfinal.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 412
Last edited:
This is SO good! I can't wait for act 2 (possibly) because it can borrow from this (act 1).

Btw, I hosted this in a server and... Somebody said i recreated S3AIR in SRB2
funny accident
Yup Act 2 should come along a lot easier given some of the things already being created for this level; I'm mainly just waiting for a Zone Builder update to fix level size-related bugs.

LOL I'm glad that it looks that good to people. :grin:

i made this level btw
Yeah I can't argue with that... the screenshot proves it.
Ok everyone, you heard it here... Star REALLY made the level by herself in Minecraft. :wink:

Boostmentum can't be downloaded right now for some reason. I wonder why...
The mod is just getting a quick little update so it'll be back online shortly! Apologies for the wait. :grin:

Edit: Read Star's comment below, much more helpful and links to the mod so you can grab it right away.

Boostmentum can't be downloaded right now for some reason. I wonder why...

View attachment 91444
Its waiting on re-approval from a super minor edit. Sorry. Should be back up shortly.
Check the description of the Nu Angel Island trailer to get a replacement link for Boostmentum until its visible again.

edit: its back up now

Last edited:
I'll download the update for Boostmentum, but I already had version 2.0 so it was more of a "Hey, hope you got a backup because this happened"
In any case, glad to know it's just an update and that things should be good to go shortly.

I'll download the update for Boostmentum, but I already had version 2.0 so it was more of a "Hey, hope you got a backup because this happened"
In any case, glad to know it's just an update and that things should be good to go shortly.
If you have the 2.0 version, you're good to go. I haven't actually updated the version, just the listing so you don't need to download anything new.

Everytime i see those arrows , i feel like someone has made Angel Island into SRB2K before lol :threat:

Typically I wouldn't advocate for arrow usage in level design, as it's more immersive to use the level layout to naturally guide the player. But given the limitations that come with this game, it's hard to direct the player through environmental visuals alone. I've played enough levels in SRB2 to know that sometimes arrows are absolutely necessary, and I want to be able to keep the action flowing so, they were definitely the best way to go!

Regarding the level's issues in the Software Engine, I can say it actually runs fine on my Ryzen 2700X processor. The vast majority of the errors are HOM effects, which means they can simply be fixed by defining proper thok barriers and by making sure there are no walls, ceilings, or floors with missing textures (polygons with missing textures are simply not drawn in OpenGL mode).

Regarding the level's issues in the Software Engine, I can say it actually runs fine on my Ryzen 2700X processor. The vast majority of the errors are HOM effects, which means they can simply be fixed by defining proper thok barriers and by making sure there are no walls, ceilings, or floors with missing textures (polygons with missing textures are simply not drawn in OpenGL mode).
Yup I've been alerted to this as being the reason and am working on a fix. Will be updated ASAP. :wink:

There is act one but no act 2
D:
(jokes aside is there going to be an act 2 only asking cause of the name of the map)
I explained in the [COMMENTS] section of the description on the level's page that I'd very much like to, however, I'm waiting on particular issues with Zone Builder to be fixed. There are some problems I came across late in the development of this level that nearly got me to cancel the whole thing, and ultimately forced me to cut content out of it, and I wouldn't want that to be the case for any future levels. So, let's hope things get patched up soon! :)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back