New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoxBlitzz said:
...What? SRB2's OpenGL mode runs fine, except for a few inaccuracies, such as lighting and colormaps.
Actually, I've seen transparent FOFs have their sides turn opaque, but that's just me.

Yes, DW, I do know about the "warning" at the beginning. Basically, it just states that AJ is too lazy to fix errors in OpenGL, and falsely claims that crashes can happen. Crashes in OpenGL mode are only the result of unstable drivers. I think I recall having my computer crash when I was using the unofficial ATI Omega drivers, and it didn't just happen in SRB2 (I also saw a crash while playing Trackmania). However, other drivers seemed to run fine. Just so you all know, these crashes are not caused by SRB2, not in the least bit.

By the way, you can pretty much skip having to watch the warning by turning off V-Sync in the game's video options, and in your driver settings, choosing "Default Off" or "Always Off" for V-Sync under OpenGL. There should not be a loading screen in OpenGL mode at all, because it actually takes less time to load than it does in Software (don't believe me? Turn off V-Sync and find out). The only reason that loading screen displays so long with V-Sync on is because of how much it refreshes the loading screen's percentage indicator. ...Since when did the DooM engine need to use loading screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back