New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there everybody, incase you haven't noticed I am new to this forum.

I would like to start of by saying well done to the team on such a great mod, it is everything that a 3D Sonic game should be like and its a shame that it still hasn't been finished after all this time...

Secondly I just wanted to ask if anybody has thought about adding 3D models to the game at all, maybe in the final version or something, and perhaps using something like the Doomsday engine. I think if that actually happened it would be just perfect.

Thanks ;-P

The Doom Legacy engine is capable of supporting models, but only in OpenGL mode. Not everyone in this community can run in OpenGL mode. I sure can't.

Also, there's an introduction topic.

I'll Begin said:
The Doom Legacy engine is capable of supporting models, but only in OpenGL mode. Not everyone in this community can run in OpenGL mode. I sure can't.

And besides, I think OpenGL looks ugly.

Pappa_Chimp said:
Secondly I just wanted to ask if anybody has thought about adding 3D models to the game at all...

Shuffle has been able to do 3D models in his Legend of Zelda mod.
But the download link is probably outdated. And more importantly, I doubt that it would work anymore.

Actually Flame, the last public release of that mod was made in the time of 1.09.2, before SRB2 had model support, before it was named TML, before he had implimented the bow, hell before he even had thrown in those navi sprites.

So yeah, even if the download link did work, you wouldn't get models out of it.

Pappa_Chimp said:
I would like to start of by saying well done to the team on such a great mod, it is everything that a 3D Sonic game should be like and its a shame that it still hasn't been finished after all this time...
Shhhh, Don't say that, they'll never finish. =P
Either way, It's only been what, nine years, not that long if you about it.
They'll get it done. Remember, SSNTails still needs to finish Knux.
;)

Pappa_Chimp said:
NO, No, I meant and OpenGL release with a models option for those who's computers were able to run it.
The good thing about the Doom engine is that you can add stuff to it. (hint hint)

You could probably rip models from Sonic R or Sonic 3D Blast for the Saturn. They'd go well in SRB2. The only problem is if you add a model then everyone turns into it no matter what. At least at the moment anyway.

Daniel The Falcon said:
I'll Begin said:

And besides, I think OpenGL looks ugly.

I can run it with OpenGL, but I do receive warnings that my computer may crash. So that's why I keep using Software Mode until SRB2 is capable of fully supporting OpenGL.

Knuckles the Echidna said:
I can run it with OpenGL, but I do receive warnings that my computer may crash.

So does everyone else that uses OpenGL, it's a built in warning, you could have the world's most powerful pc and it would still say that.

...What? SRB2's OpenGL mode runs fine, except for a few inaccuracies, such as lighting and colormaps. Personally, I just call it "laziness", and I don't see why the programmers can't fix it. Then again, I probably shouldn't be saying that, because I'm not really better off than they are.

You missed his point about SSN's (bogus) message stating SRB2's OpenGL support is nonexistent. It really shouldn't be there, as there haven't been very many reports of OpenGL causing computer crashes. All this does is provide people with fear of OpenGL, which they shouldn't, because 99 times out of 100, it works better than software does.

Plus, you can screw around with your 3D Card Settings in OpenGL to make the game Pixelly, Smooth, really Pixelly, or Ultra Smooth.

I like Ultra Smooth :)

Draykon said:
Actually Flame, the last public release of that mod was made in the time of 1.09.2, before SRB2 had model support, before it was named TML, before he had implimented the bow, hell before he even had thrown in those navi sprites.

So yeah, even if the download link did work, you wouldn't get models out of it.

You know... Speaking of TML... I just so happen to have a Debug EXE that works with the current Srb2 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back