• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

New modern shadow working on !!!!

How you shade srb2 sprites
Post automatically merged:

Ho
Yes of course, even because I did it at the time of v5 it was still the basis of m.sonic.
Please don't you mind tell me how you shade them as srb2 style

Ho
Yes of course, even because I did it at the time of v5 it was still the basis of m.sonic.

Last edited:

Ho

Ho

He has a basis for shading. Use his sprites for the A1 and A2 and the reference for shading.

Ho

Ho

you know that in the community (srb2 discord server) there are some basic tutorials explaining this, right kid?

(if not) just take a quick look at the channel focused on spriting and view the fixed.

Last edited:
Hey guys I returned i redraw the sprites again and take a big time in shading the sprites
Take a look at the new shadow and the old one
Screenshot_20220318093527-1.jpg
Shadow spirit-2.jpg

Hey guys I returned i redraw the sprites again and take a big time in shading the sprites
Take a look at the new shadow and the old oneView attachment 65463View attachment 65464
I not wanting to sound rude, but you'd be better off reworking it more calmly in regards 32 bits and to srb2's art style, is still some inconsistencies in shading and proportions...

I not wanting to sound rude, but you'd be better off reworking it more calmly in regards 32 bits and to srb2's art style, is still some inconsistencies in shading and proportions...
and btw, did you do this using the modern v6 size base?

(it's to have a better comparison of where we could locate ourselves in the anatomy and sketch of the modern shadow)

You mean 06 shadow right? Cus p-06 is just a (fantastic) remake of sonic

You mean 06 shadow right? Cus p-06 is just a (fantastic) remake of sonic

and btw, did you do this using the modern v6 size base?

(it's to have a better comparison of where we could locate ourselves in the anatomy and sketch of the modern shadow)
Look!! I don't care about V6 Modern Sonic base, besides, modern sonic is not a modern in its sprites just in Abilities only, however I have heard about SA-sonic and sonic lost adventure have a good heights nor too small nor too long, for me it's a good height

Last edited:
Look!! I don't care about V6 Modern Sonic base, besides, modern sonic is not a modern in its sprites just in Abilities only, however I have heard about SA-sonic and sonic lost adventure have a good heights nor too small nor too long, for me it's a good height

oh my, what's wrong with his left hand, a in general the new design looks good, but I like the old one a little more

I thank you for your support

shadow the hedgehog.png
Hey guys I since make the last update for shadow it took me some time for going up for shading maybe fixing the propotions fixing the hands I hope you like it

You can see the old one here!!!!
Screenshot_20220318093527-1.png

Last edited:

if you're not using modern sonic v6 sprite as size base, then this just further proves my point of your "modern shadow!!!!" being 06 shadow, from the design alone. It's too model based, too much 06. And the fact that the moveset is "p-06" just even further proves my point of this being 06 shadow. Also modern sonic is modern in his sprites, his sprites just have adjusted limbs/proportions for srb2. Your modern char doesn't.

if you're not using modern sonic v6 sprite as size base, then this just further proves my point of your "modern shadow!!!!" being 06 shadow, from the design alone. It's too model based, too much 06. And the fact that the moveset is "p-06" just even further proves my point of this being 06 shadow. Also modern sonic is modern in his sprites, his sprites just have adjusted limbs/proportions for srb2. Your modern char doesn't.
..how is this a problem
are you suggesting this specifically be 06 shadow instead of modern shadow?? that's like making a modern sonic with slightly shorter proportions and apparently it's now lost world sonic

..how is this a problem
are you suggesting this specifically be 06 shadow instead of modern shadow?? that's like making a modern sonic with slightly shorter proportions and apparently it's now lost world sonic
it's not a problem... I just don't see how a shadow who looks like the one from 06, and will play like p-06 can be called Modern Shadow?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back