New Game!! - Chronicles of the Second World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er...no no...the way it works is the Army will
COMPLETELY pay off my college.

All I gotta do is serve my country for about 5 years.
Plus there's nice benefits too. :P

Heh... cout... I like CONS_Printf more, myself. It's a lot easier and stuff. :lol:
CONS_Printf("%s has died in Iraq!\n",player->NeoGenGamer); :wink:

Jason the Echidna said:
Heh... cout... I like CONS_Printf more, myself. It's a lot easier and stuff. :lol:
CONS_Printf("%s has died in Iraq!\n",player->NeoGenGamer); :wink:
No, no, it would be more like:

Code:
int i;

for(i = 0; i < MAXPLAYERS; i++)
    if(playeringame[i] && players[i].mo && !stricmp(player_names[i], "NeoGenGamer"))
    {
        P_Teleport(players[i].mo, iraqmo.x, iraqmo.y);
        P_DamageMobj(players[i].mo, iraqmo, iraqmo, 10000);
    }
Then you'd have P_DeathMessages print "NeoGenGamer has died in Iraq!"

Oh, player_names, is it? I didn't want to bother, but now I know enough to be able to make only people with the name Jason the Echidna able to use Jason. And stuff. Yush. That's evil. :twisted:

Jason the Echidna said:
Heh... cout... I like CONS_Printf more, myself. It's a lot easier and stuff.
How can anything get any easier than <iostream.h>?...

I mean, <stdio.h> is there too (and it's quite similar to your cons_printf, considering it's derived from printf), but you have ti worry about all those "%i"s and "%f"s and stuff. Isn't "cout<<[insert variable name here]" a bit easier?

Code:
CONS_Printf("I like my %s and %s but %s most of all!."psoitems[itm_emerald].name,psoitems[itm_jterailgun].name,psoitems[player->equipweapon].name);
I like my emerald and JTE's RailGun, but JTE's Daggers most of all! :lol: Yes, it's complex because I made the names customizable... You can name the emeralds "FRIED_STEAK!" if you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back