New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it will. :3

Supposedly, Sega was supposed to work with Sonic Retro to get criticism for Sonic4. But Sonic Retro dropped it due to the leaks.

There goes Sonic 4. D=

It doesn't matter how much criticism Sonic 4 gets their will always be complainers.

Best way to stop this is not to compares everything to the classics. If you want classic everything so badly play Sonic 1 Megamix. (which has homing and lightdash) :p

To which I reply, why the hell shouldn't you use the classics as a golden standard? They are generally agreed to be the best of the series, and not without good reason. Thinking that it's too difficult to make a Sonic game as good as its best predecessors, either because they have an extremely high watermark or because they were made over 16 years ago, is the very type of thinking that will prevent a similarly stellar Sonic game from ever being released again.

Let me put it this way... Do you think SRB2 would be in its relatively respected status today if its driving philosophy was "Okay, we're gonna try to make a Sonic fangame, and screw it if it plays well or not" as opposed to "We're going to attempt to make a good Sonic fangame"? It's the amount of devotion, effort and teamwork, in the pursuit of a game comparable to the classics, that makes SRB2 shine above the usually-putrid field of fangames.

You know, I remember everyone being excited when Sonic Adventure 2 was about to be released. Nowadays a not uncommon reaction to a newly announced Sonic game is "lol I wonder how / how much this game will suck". Call me a bitter reactionary nerd, but I miss the old days.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how much criticism Sonic 4 gets their will always be complainers.

Best way to stop this is not to compares everything to the classics. If you want classic everything so badly play Sonic 1 Megamix. (which has homing and lightdash) :p

So what you're saying is, that we shouldn't compare Sonic 4 to its direct predecessors?

The time span in years is big enough for these giant changes in gameplay, however. Realize that Sonic 4's direct predecessors is 3&K, S&K, 3, 2 and 1.

So what you're saying is, that we shouldn't compare Sonic 4 to its direct predecessors?

No, Lemme rephrase that... "Some guys are complaining about every non-classic thing they see and wishing for the classic times and complaining about reused bosses." I mean I understand the complaining about physics and stuff, but not because he has homing or Green eyes

It just makes me wonder if they could ever be pleased...

Wow.

Man, this fanbase has come to the point where NOTHING is ever going to please them. Whether it be a 2D game, 3D game, or spinoff.

Sonic has it's new look!!!1!1

Yeah, and that effects the game HOW?

AAAH, HOMING ATTACCCK!!

I honestly don't see how this is a big deal, it's not like we'll be doing chains of homing attacks for more than half of the time of the game.

REHAAAASSSH.

If this game is such a rehash, then what about the fact that these "rehashed" gimmicks are IMPROVED by Eggman and designed to be HARDER. It clearly states this on the official site, including the badniks. You could also tell how the bosses were changed in the leaks when it comes to difficulty.

thiz game sux

I can gaurentee that none of the people that have ever claimed this as "sucking" have ever actually played the games themselves.

The fanbase thinks they can just judge a game simply because of its looks. Anyone who thinks this is WAY off. I mean, I think the opposite of the Sonic Cycle has begun. Instead of fans thinking the game will be an ultimate success, they just complain about every little speck of detail there is to know of. I might as well not listen to anyone complaining (Or even PRAISING.) the game until it comes out. What I say is screw what everyone else thinks and just wait for the damn game to come out.

Oh snap. Bbop burned all of you. And, no Autosaver. Complaining wont help you now that everyone knows you like to be difficult.

You guys apparently stopped caring for the rules, too.

Come on, guys, keep the drama out. You don't want to end up like the two above posters did.

Last edited:
I hope that post was worth your infraction.

This ends now. You guys had better start playing nice, or else this thread will pull a Retro and vanish completely. I'm pretty sure nobody here (including myself) wants that to happen, so let's all do the mature and responsible thing by behaving. This is your last warning.

Nova - That part of the post was sarcasm. Hopefully, you'll see this message.

So like, if Sonic 4 is finished. Why is it being released in like 4 months?

The fanbase thinks they can just judge a game simply because of its looks.
People are allowed to judge a game based on how it looks because it isn't out yet; we haven't gotten the ability to play it yet; so we have to base our opinions on what we see and hear. This happens with nearly every game that comes out,wether be it hype or disappointment.

Don't get me wrong; I'm excited for this game but that's my opinion. Everyone is allowed to judge the game right now; it's how developers get feedback so they can improve the game. Anywho I'm done being semi-angry, carry on with the discussion.

EDIT: Guess I kind of missed the discussion up top while writing this, sorry (I also apparently missed the page turn).

Autosaver said:
So like, if Sonic 4 is finished. Why is it being released in like 4 months?

I guess to polish the game up a bit, or to work on advertising (I mean this is the direct successor to Sonic 3, it needs some great advertising to go along with it).

Last edited:
You know what? I'm staying out of here. Wombatwarlord and Bigboi have this covered.

But I will say one thing, before I go to neglecting posting (I'll check the topic from time to time). The problem with Sonic 4 is much lack of effort is on show. One of the first blog posts on the SEGA site even sounded tired and weary that they even had to cater to us who were missing the days of old. I should have seen it coming, but Sonic 4 is a mess. It's an unoriginal, dumbed down mess. All of the rehashes are half-assed, all of the gimmicks' potential is squandered, and nothing looks enjoyable. I'm sorry. It does.

By now, I sound like a broken record. But it's just that SEGA has fixed what wasn't broken. YET AGAIN. If I have to tell you one more time, I just might lose my sanity. This has been a problem ever since Sonic Adventure. However, was Sonic Adventure a bad game? NO. They did try to immerse players into an entirely new Sonic the Hedgehog, and it was great. It was. I mean, the game's level design could have used some work, glitches could have been ironed out, but it was great for the first time...

I don't think I want to say anymore, especially if you don't care about my opinion. I am an extremist, and I do admit that I can become as egotistical as John K. at times, but being ignored isn't fun. It really isn't. ESPECIALLY if you have something to say.

No more drama. I don't want it. I just want to express my opinion and leave. Not the forums, but the topic. It's... very uncomfortable now. I mean, I may come back, say I played the game... But I don't want to deal with crap from people who don't care about my opinion. If you don't care, why respond to me?

Anyways, I'm done. I nod to you, Spazzo. Try to keep things under control. As for me, I believe that ALL of us have enough of each other. Sometimes people cannot take criticism. I don't want to say the wrong things anymore. I'm tired of getting myself in deeper trouble.

Discuss Sonic 4 I guess.

Alrighty, guys, I've had enough. See the post above? If you act in any way like that kind of drama-inducing crap, you're getting a red card. If you can't avoid posting like that in this topic, then do not post in this topic. For that matter, don't act like this anywhere on the forums, this topic is just a long string of it.

This entire thread is a bunch of tl;dr forum drama and whining. Start acting like mature adults or you won't be welcome on these forums.

I read almost EVERY POST ON THIS TOPIC!
So i decided to get off my butt and join the crazyness
The game seems good from the site and thats my 2 cents.
Ps if i had a dollar for everyone that went OMG GREEN EYES OR OMG HOMING ATTACK!!! I'd be richer than bill gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back