New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, another petition, and more people begging for classic sonic still.
Why can't anyone get it through their heads that they're not changing back?

Other than that, finally I get to play it on the go now and show off :0

I think its obvious that they are changing quite a few things. They'll probably fix up the model,*NOT CLASSIC*,add details to levels, fix physics. etc

At least they can admit they were making a mediocre game. Way to hype it.

Oh, and the confirmation of something we already pretty much knew is nice too.

It's Splash Hills zone. I don't think there's anyone that hasn't seen all of it already.

EDIT: http://www.sonicretro.org/2010/05/sonic-4-episode-1-delayed-to-q4-2010-iphone-port-confirmed/

"overwhelmingly positive response"

1265153984747.jpg

Last edited:
We already saw the new game.

The new trailer just made it look more bad by showing how fast he went by holding right the whole stage.
According to Gamespot’s On the Spot, the iPhone release of Sonic 4 will sport two exclusive levels not present in any of the console releases! No specific details on that yet, but we’ll let you know.
Way to screw the console versions. Oh well, it'll probably be some rushed levels.

Gamespot hands on
- Game Delayed to late 2010
- Redesigning aspects of levels
- Fixing the Physics
- Two exclusive iPhone levels.

What, no classic sonic? *Whining

Last edited:
Why would you add more content to a version of the game nobody cares about and wouldn't want to play?

Whatever, I'm not counting on this anyway. Maybe I'll get the next episode if I feel like playing as Tails.

Some people here seem to suffer from "can't be satisfied" syndrome, it seems. They say they're improving it, and you're even complaining about THAT? What?

Some people here seem to suffer from "can't be satisfied" syndrome, it seems. They say they're improving it, and you're even complaining about THAT? What?

There's a TVTrope article that explains this phenomenon quite well: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase

With that out of the way, I'm probably one of those few people who doesn't rightly care if the Sonic series goes exactly back to the way the classics were. If the game ends up fun, the game ends up fun, engine be damned.

If we really want the classic style back then we can make a game ourselves; god knows there's 20 or so fanmade engines that emulate the classics design, and not all of them are crap.

Mind, I'm not saying this will be a bad game when it comes out. It's not exactly what I'm looking for though (not much emphasis on what I liked about the pinball mechanics and momentum physics, among other things), which is why I'll probably end up skipping it.

Meh. I'll probably have a Wii by the time this comes out, maybe if it isn't too expensive I'll get it. And Cave story too just to see if they left the panty raid secret in.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/05/20/the-big-sonic-4-news-is-finally-here/

SEGA has decided to extend the development of the game and will now release Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I in the latter half of 2010. The additional time will allow the Development Team to focus on keeping the game high-quality, continuing tuning and balancing of levels and interface and overall maintaining the kind of polish that an important game like this demands, ultimately providing fans with an unrivalled classic Sonic feel.

Foolproof that Sega is actually trying on this. If Sonic 4 fails, I'll eat my shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back