New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
why? i Sonic advance wasn't all too bad. and besides i think they might actually have some good people on the team.

animation1md2.gif

Well, either way, it didn't really add to the conversation.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game, but at the same time, I'm going to have to wait for some reviews to be published after it's release before I think about getting it.

After what SEGA did to Sonic the Hedgehog on the Gameboy, I don't want them anywhere near the old Sonic titles.
Regarding this: I should probably point out that Sega lost the original source code to, among things, Sonic 1, which pretty much required them to remake the whole game from scratch. Which is, y'know, really difficult when you don't have the actual code for the Genny games.

Yeah I know it's not the best excuse, but it should help put a little perspective on things. Given that they're building a completely new game instead of trying to piece together the broken pieces of an old one, I'd say there's less to worry about.

If they DO add another character, like Tails for example, then I hope his AI can actually FOLLOW you. How come they couldn't recreate that in Advance 1 and 3? They actually got it down in Sonic 2, when they were still new at making games.

They also haven't mentioned if it's an actual game, or an arcade game. They mentioned it will be in HD, so that sort of feels Arcade-ish.

Well, I think that this new game will be a remake of Sonic 1 or a game when Sonic is still 10/11 years old. (see original JP manuals) However, my two cents about the current games (Sonic Heroes-Sonic Unleashed) were all good expect for Sonic 2006 and the werehog stages.

Hmm... I'm not sure if I should be celebrating yet. This IS a step in the right direction, though. Honestly, at this point, I'd be happy with Unleashed without the werehog, because compared to '06 and Shadow, it was pretty much S3&K.

Although, no more QTEs. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back