New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its only from the makers of the original games + Dimps.

:/

Compare the amount of times you've heard "Sega doesn't listen to the userbase" compared to "Sonic team doesn't listen to the userbase" or anything like that. More often than not, usual forum goers don't know sega doesn't make the games.

Actually, some people rant that its the exact opposite of what you said.
Sega is Sonic Team...

Its not like people go like
"Hal Laboratory made SSBB"
They go
"Nintendo made SSBB"

Stage gimmicks are fine, they're what give the game variety between levels. I don't think I would mind the trippy mine cart ride, but from what I've witnessed, the level it was showcased in goes on for far too long without any particular variation to spice things up.

All I was paying attention to was the mine cart level though, I didn't see any of the other videos.

Looky what I found on the internet.
That's right. Sonic 4 Sonic textures!
sonic4sonic.png

Maybe this is the texture that they used to make the Sonic model to make the sprites. I have textures of one of the stages, too. Should I post those, too?

From what the leaked footage showed me, it looked pretty clear Sonic was using a model. Something about how fluid the animation was... it just doesn't seem like it's using sprites.

犬夜叉;674475 said:
From what the leaked footage showed me, it looked pretty clear Sonic was using a model. Something about how fluid the animation was... it just doesn't seem like it's using sprites.
That just means Sonic has an absolute shit-ton of frames. It's certaintly not unheard of in a sprite-based games. Besides that, it's actually claimed by official sources that all the sprites are prerendered anyway.

Honestly though, I have to question this kind of practice. Is there any actual benefit to it? Reduced filesize? Increased detail? I'm not seeing either of those. It sounds to me like they could've saved a lot of time and effort just shoving models into the game so that they'd still have the benefit of camera angles and tweening at their disposal. But what do I know.

This just popped up in my iGoogle page. Funny, considering how some people think that Sonic doesn't have a chance.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Is Sonic's Last Chance - Wired

Above article said:
By giving this game — the umpteenth Sonic adventure — the name Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Sega is putting its stake in the ground. The meaning is clear: This is the return to form, as if all that messy stuff never happened. It had better feel that way, or else Sonic’s going to spin-dash into oblivion.

This is the return to form, as if all that messy stuff never happened
sonic-4.gif

They already flooded the game with crappy music.(A couple tunes are nice, but overall... not pretty nor memorable) Score attack stages? Those look boring as crap. They also shoved a Mine Cart level and it looks so dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back