Need advice on changing the original game's textures

Dee

Red, Orange and ready!
Uh, hey! So I've been working on an Srb2 mod, but I want to change most of the textures of the original levels. Problem is, only some of the textures actually get changed. The floor is still the same every single time. I took the game's original files and edited them, then I put them in the mod. Is it a naming issue? I've even resorted to manually replacing every texture (which is VERY time consuming) but it still doesn't feel right. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Uh, hey! So I've been working on an Srb2 mod, but I want to change most of the textures of the original levels. Problem is, only some of the textures actually get changed. The floor is still the same every single time. I took the game's original files and edited them, then I put them in the mod. Is it a naming issue? I've even resorted to manually replacing every texture (which is VERY time consuming) but it still doesn't feel right. Am I doing something wrong?
SRB2 splits textures into Textures and Flats, the latter of which are traditionally used on the ground. You will need to replace both. Additionally, the game uses a number of composite textures, which do not actually exist as a single whole in the game's texture files, but are instead assembled from multiple textures according to parameters within a text file.

Last edited:
  • Cool!
Reactions: Dee

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back