• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Team Prismatic (Mystic Realm: Community Edition)

Thank you for your hard work, first and foremost!
However, characters that cannot spin have a hard time with these bouncy square mushrooms, making Verdant Forest Act 2 unclearable. They just don't bounce high enough.

Attachments

• srb20101.png
    srb20101.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 153
  • srb20102.png
    srb20102.png
    407.1 KB · Views: 137
Thank you for your hard work, first and foremost!
However, characters that cannot spin have a hard time with these bouncy square mushrooms, making Verdant Forest Act 2 unclearable. They just don't bounce high enough.
this unfortunately isn't anything we can fix on our end, since it's an issue specifically with that modded character. Meta Knight has the same problem

:knuxsmug: we can fix it by making a custom bounce with lua
I always though it’d be cool if they functioned like the Blue Gel from Portal 2 where you would go back up to the height you fell from rather than racking up height by bouncing repeatedly. It could lead to more creative level design, which I think is needed for Verdant Forest

I'm pleasantly surprised to see this is still being worked on. That said, after playing the latest release, there's a bunch of things I'd want to point out. As is the staple of this game and its myriad of mods today, the bosses are the weakest part. Out of the new bosses, I think the FRZ boss holds up best. It has an easy pattern which can still give a challenge with its bouncy fireballs, but is simple enough to figure out. That ends on the very next zone. The MFZ boss is a mess, and I had a hard time even hitting him because he kept flying way too high and spamming its ice projectiles much too often and for very long times. The SPZ boss is a bit of a joke until the pinch phase starts, when it starts cycling attacks like a crack-addict. And the AGZ boss is... well, it is. It's godawful, has been godawful, will always be godawful, and I never want to fight that boss again for as long as I live, so I'm gonna hope you have something nicer planned for the future.

When it comes to the stages themselves, they're quite neat. The short underwater section in JCZ1 was a bit barren, and SPZ had some very odd decisions regarding introducing new mechanics over death pits (that fan close to the end) and some very frustrating enemy placement (like the shock crawla thingy as well as crushtaceans right on the edge of a platform). Otherwise it's shaping up, and I hope it will continue doing so.

Naturally my word is subjective so people might not see my issues in the same light, but I wanted to share my experience. Most of it was pleasant, but I shared just the unfun aspects because I feel those are the most necessary.

I always though it’d be cool if they functioned like the Blue Gel from Portal 2 where you would go back up to the height you fell from rather than racking up height by bouncing repeatedly. It could lead to more creative level design, which I think is needed for Verdant Forest
Actually a custom bounce script has both
- existed

- I got permission to use it

However InferNOr is the only person with the latest verdant forest, so I haven't been able to implement them for a few months now.

Actually a custom bounce script has both
- existed

- I got permission to use it

However InferNOr is the only person with the latest verdant forest, so I haven't been able to implement them for a few months now.
As long as it’s similar to Portal 2, I’m all for it

As long as it’s similar to Portal 2, I’m all for it
Unfortunately not, but that's solely because that wouldn't quite work with how the stage actually uses the mushrooms. It bounces you up at a set height, this means it works for all characters, regardless of weight or height.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see this is still being worked on. That said, after playing the latest release, there's a bunch of things I'd want to point out. As is the staple of this game and its myriad of mods today, the bosses are the weakest part. Out of the new bosses, I think the FRZ boss holds up best. It has an easy pattern which can still give a challenge with its bouncy fireballs, but is simple enough to figure out. That ends on the very next zone. The MFZ boss is a mess, and I had a hard time even hitting him because he kept flying way too high and spamming its ice projectiles much too often and for very long times. The SPZ boss is a bit of a joke until the pinch phase starts, when it starts cycling attacks like a crack-addict. And the AGZ boss is... well, it is. It's godawful, has been godawful, will always be godawful, and I never want to fight that boss again for as long as I live, so I'm gonna hope you have something nicer planned for the future.

When it comes to the stages themselves, they're quite neat. The short underwater section in JCZ1 was a bit barren, and SPZ had some very odd decisions regarding introducing new mechanics over death pits (that fan close to the end) and some very frustrating enemy placement (like the shock crawla thingy as well as crushtaceans right on the edge of a platform). Otherwise it's shaping up, and I hope it will continue doing so.

Naturally my word is subjective so people might not see my issues in the same light, but I wanted to share my experience. Most of it was pleasant, but I shared just the unfun aspects because I feel those are the most necessary.
Bosses have yet to really be touched up. I do agree with your criticisms to some extent, and hopefully down the line those get addressed.

And yes, we have far nicer ideas planned for AGZ.

without a doubt the best srb2 level pack has many cool features like emblem rotation, new menus and much more.

but there are some glitches in the game, the trees in aerial garden are transparent and you can go over,

Attachments

• srb20052.gif
    srb20052.gif
    3 MB · Views: 98
  • srb20050.gif
    srb20050.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 95
without a doubt the best srb2 level pack has many cool features like emblem rotation, new menus and much more.

but there are some glitches in the game, the trees in aerial garden are transparent and you can go over,
While this was fixed a while ago, agz has since been entirely reworked.
For those interested, and those otherwise unaware, we hold public alpha testing in our discord, where members can access the latest indev build that is not quite yet ready to be posted here on the mb. We're working very hard on some super cool things for the next release, so come have a look!
The Official MRCE Discord

the aerial garden looks awesome , well I prefer the afternoon style but leave it , I 'll stick with this indev beta , it 's much prettier.

congratulations to art direction and programming for this mod.
srb20028.png
srb20029.png
srb20030.png
srb20031.png
srb20032.png
srb20033.png

Now what would be a good idea is that Sunken Plant Zone's boss uses the Sea Egg sprites rather than the Egg Colosseum sprites because the Sea Egg sprites is appropriate to use. Speaking of the Egg Colosseum, it would be nice if it happens to be the boss of Verdant Forest Zone so it has a unique boss rather than using the same boss as Jade Coast Zone.

Now what would be a good idea is that Sunken Plant Zone's boss uses the Sea Egg sprites rather than the Egg Colosseum sprites because the Sea Egg sprites is appropriate to use. Speaking of the Egg Colosseum, it would be nice if it happens to be the boss of Verdant Forest Zone so it has a unique boss rather than using the same boss as Jade Coast Zone.
That is a good idea for the SPZ boss! also. VFZ is planned to have it's own unique boss. Same for JCZ (In fact I'm even working on it right now!)

That is a good idea for the SPZ boss! also. VFZ is planned to have it's own unique boss. Same for JCZ (In fact I'm even working on it right now!)
Cool. Now once Red Volcano Zone Acts 2 and 3 are added, I expect Flame Rift Zone's boss to be using RVZ's boss or the sprite sets of RVZ's boss. Now what about making TVZ's boss projectile hurting the player?

Cool. Now once Red Volcano Zone Acts 2 and 3 are added, I expect Flame Rift Zone's boss to be using RVZ's boss or the sprite sets of RVZ's boss. Now what about making TVZ's boss projectile hurting the player?
We likely won't be reusing sprites from vanilla bosses mostly. A custom boss should be unique in appearance as well as function, plus it'd be weird to have a sea egg that doesn't do sea egg things
As for the TVZ boss, the slime projectiles not directly hurting you was intentional, it's the same slow goop from the main act that reduces your movement speed. Plus the whole boss itself is just a placeholder.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back