MyFirstLvL.wad

MyFirstLvL.wad 1.0

Maverick

Level Designer, Smart Bastard
Last edited:
I Plan on making more traditional levels using the themes in this one
starting with Sunset valley (which was the name of a level I made for a different sonic fan game)

This is actually a pretty impressive shot for a first map, althought i'd say that theres several things to improve here.

1- The left path, if you fly its dead easy, taking only a few seconds to finish the level, because how short the path its.

2-Right path, while i like the way you executed the scenery of the map, i really feel that all the stuff you mashed together feel like a sandwich you would make from whatever you had left on the fridge, at 3am.

Im not really a bond of mazes, so i didnt really liked the Backrooms part, althought thats just personal prefferences.
The houses part felt more like you tried to do a hangout map, but couldnt fulfill that mission and isntead threw it onto this map, trying to mix it as well as you could.

3- you forgot one of the most important parts of the Maincfg. The music line, so theres no music playing while the map its loaded.

Conclussion, while the map its not horrid, it still has some stuff to fix, like having several concepts mixed together, where they dont make any sense with each other, like passing from GFZ, to Housing, and lastly to Backrooms.

Dont get me wrong, i really liked the way you decorated the map, and you have a lot of potential.

Altought you could had done the left path a little longer, or mix it up with the other path, making it one, because if you go left path, youre just leaving to waste 90% of the map here.

This is actually a pretty impressive shot for a first map, althought i'd say that theres several things to improve here.

1- The left path, if you fly its dead easy, taking only a few seconds to finish the level, because how short the path its.

2-Right path, while i like the way you executed the scenery of the map, i really feel that all the stuff you mashed together feel like a sandwich you would make from whatever you had left on the fridge, at 3am.

Im not really a bond of mazes, so i didnt really liked the Backrooms part, althought thats just personal prefferences.
The houses part felt more like you tried to do a hangout map, but couldnt fulfill that mission and isntead threw it onto this map, trying to mix it as well as you could.

3- you forgot one of the most important parts of the Maincfg. The music line, so theres no music playing while the map its loaded.

Conclussion, while the map its not horrid, it still has some stuff to fix, like having several concepts mixed together, where they dont make any sense with each other, like passing from GFZ, to Housing, and lastly to Backrooms.

Dont get me wrong, i really liked the way you decorated the map, and you have a lot of potential.

Altought you could had done the left path a little longer, or mix it up with the other path, making it one, because if you go left path, youre just leaving to waste 90% of the map here.
Lets go into some of this now shall we...
-the level origionaly had the left rout as an alternative one until some point were I decided otherwise for some reason.
-I plan on giving the other sections like the cave and dungeon more focus in separate levels.
-I didn't really think any of the music would fit the level.
-the backrooms part is a pretty crappy maze since you can just stay close to the left wall and find the exit pretty quickly.
-all of this got fixed or removed in my oldc level which plays more like a level (it was just shy of making it into round 1, but will show up in round 2) and what I'm working on now improves on top of that even further (spoiler alert, it's another oldc level for next year)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back