Modern Warfare 2 suckage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like RTS games either, but it's a clear market for some people, and it doesn't work very well on consoles. FPSes still sell quite well on the PC. Orange Box is a perfect example of that. WoW is obviously a huge game, but there are other games that aren't MMORPGs that also fit in this mold, like Dragon Age.

I'm not saying that the PC isn't a smaller market than consoles, because it clearly is. What I'm saying is that there still IS a market here, and these guys are stupid for not giving them the bare minimum expectations for a PC FPS release.

Eh. It doesn't hurt them too much. Hell, it sets them up for this.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we see subscriptions for Call of Duty in the future.

You can thank Bobby Kotick and the Blizzard part of Activision Blizzard for that. There's more greed in the priority over sensibility of winning the favor of the more minded gamer. Subscribing to a brand-name game just to shoot another soldier virtually over superior, not-milked-to-the-bone-as-much options is still probably not going to scream REALITY CHECK in the CoD fan base, particularly the console portion.

I'm actually quite a fan of Real-time Strategy games, though aside from the Total War series, I haven't quite found one that matches up to the standards set by Starcraft/Brood-War. I've played an RTS on the Genesis ages ago, and I can vouch for the fact that RTS is generally PC-only for a good reason.

As for FPS games, they probably sell better on consoles because consoles are more mainstream. Personally, I cannot imagine relying solely on an analog stick for aiming, what little aiming there was in Ocarina of Time turned me off rather quickly. However, everybody that has a console bought it as a gaming system while not everybody necessarily sees the PC as a gaming system. Ergo, the consoles will always get more attention regardless whether or not the game is more suited to a different system.

I'd also note that simulators are generally impossible to play without a keyboard. I played Trainz for a time, and I simply cannot imagine playing a game like that with a controller. I did play a flight simulator for the Genesis (F22), but it really did not have the same level of control that PC simulators generally have. Then there's the Mechwarrior series, which have always been somewhere between FPS and Simulation. Mainstream or not, the console Mechwarrior games actually bombed because they dumbed down the gameplay so far, if I remember correctly.

Just got the game today. Can't say it lives up to the hype, but it's certainly fun. The campaign's doing a great job of keeping me interested. The multiplayer, as always, is addictive as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back