Modern Warfare 2 suckage

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalGear said:
This is why PC games should stop and people should get Xboxs and PS3s
Right, because one company is being retarded and horribly gimping the PC version of a game to play more like an inferior console game, we should just shut down shop and all move to inferior console games.

That's sound logic, yes.
Wow rob that was only an opinion. Such harsh words coming from you.
What I believe in is that leave the game as they are instead of adding console things and mods and all that stuff.
Now it would be real immature to call you stupid for going against my opinion, but it is an opinion. Try not to cal a person "retarted" because they didn't type what you wanted to see.
It's your opinion, yes. It's still completely and utterly backwards.

Allow me to just say that gay people are heathens who should be wiped from the face of the Earth. Oh, what's that, that's incredibly insensitive and I should be ashamed for even thinking that? Well, it's my opinion, so there!

...seriously, just because you can HAVE an opinion doesn't mean it's even remotely the right one to have.

Also, it's not a matter of "adding console things and mods and all that stuff". That stuff is bog-standard for PC gaming as a whole, and even the first Modern Warfare had it. This isn't an issue of adding in perks, this is an issue of removing features that are a given for all similar PC games.

Retarded isn't a very nice word to use.... -_-

Anyways, the problem with PC's most people(Not just us) fail to have the system specs. I don't think they should stop making PC games. What is the point of that? Some people don't have 360/PS3. But that doesn't mean they should get worse versions then the ones already out.

I'm not interested in buying the game, but I honestly think that removal of the features that Arf mentioned seem rather trivial. I understand many games, including SRB2, does have most of those features, but seriously, some of you are going to boycott the game over something like this?

I'm not interested in buying the game, but I honestly think that removal of the features that Arf mentioned seem rather trivial. I understand many games, including SRB2, does have most of those features, but seriously, some of you are going to boycott the game over something like this?

I'm going to take the ability to add characters, maps, SOCs, etc, out of SRB2 and also make the source private.

How do you like that?

Um, it never was IN MW2 to begin with. SRB2 DID have it to begin with. Your argument is highly flawed. If SRB3 did happen (which I know it won't), and it never had those features to begin with, that's still not a good reason not get it. I'd still get the hypothetical SRB3 even without those features. I'd just stick with SRB2 to use the modding!

Nono, what you don't get, is that those things that got removed, are basically a standard for every PC game. It's what made it better from console gaming. If you really can't see it, then, I don't know what else to tell you.
It's become a necessity rather than an option at this height.

SonicMaster, the point is that it's in basically every other PC FPS. It's a standard feature. It was also in MW1, so the absence of the feature in the sequel is even more damning.

They're taking out a solid, useful feature that's been in basically every PC FPS ever, so of course a segment of the population would be mad. I know I definitely won't be purchasing it because I consider being able to make mods and play on dedicated servers essential to the FPS experience.

but seriously, some of you are going to boycott the game over something like this?

Dedicated servers form the bloodline of any online gaming community. Typically, gaming groups have their own servers which they can use to hang out with friends, or practice to get better at the game. Take out dedicated and force a peer-to-peer model, and you instantly lose the community aspect.

The in-game console is helpful since it can be used to tweak hidden game settings (which developers try to hide in order to improve "usability") to gain better performance, and for developers it's an invaluable tool for debugging. Which brings us to our next point. Custom content also helps build community. Too bad it's not in this game. It really seems to me that Infinity Ward is hell-bent on cheesing off their PC gamers.

And sheesh, I thought that Unreal Engine 3 for the PC was horrible.

Ah. Those are much better arguments.

If you might have been able to tell, I have almost never played first-person shooters. The ONLY first-person shooters I've EVER played are Portal and SRB2. I interpreted the fact that you can make levels for both to be solid bonus features.

You could sorta say that custom level creation is a bonus, but it's been a pretty standard feature for every decent PC FPS since the dawn of the FPS genre. Console commands have also been pretty standard, as well as dedicated servers and server listings. The problem with MW2 is that it's basically taking features that we've all come to associate with the genre, and removing them.

The problem with MW2 is that it's basically taking features that we've all come to associate with the genre, and removing them.

And this is a big problem if it's supposed to be a sequel to a game that had these features staple of the genre. It's a bigger problem from the large sales numbers it is getting, that dumbing down a game is okay since the public assumes the sequel has everything the predecessor has. It's just going to encourage a future of even dumber games.

For all those who can't see it coming, bet they'll charge for something along the way, possibly the SDK?

For all those who can't see it coming, bet they'll charge for something along the way, possibly the SDK?

No, they'll charge for their own custom levels. Without any level development tools, there's nothing that players can do to create their own content. The game designers pretty much have a monopoly over additional content now.

I dunno... Reverse engineering has come a long way, and it's usually freaking fast in games with rabid and huge fanbases.
If Modern Warfare 2 is really gonna be "the world's best selling videogame ever", then there's a HUGE chance that by some months, somebody will have reverse engineered it and modified it somehow.

I find the fact that Modern Warfare 2 has nothing that modern FPS's have ironic.
However, I am getting a bass and and amp for $60 cause of my friend wanting to get it, so thats a (the?) plus.

EDIT:
This is why PC games should stop and people should get Xboxs and PS3s

Uh... NO? The consensus of gamers say:
PC> XBOX 360 > Wii >= PS3

Last edited:
I bought MW2 just for the single player mode. i love how IW boldly went where everyone else was too afraid to and made a mission where you massacre civilians

can't wait to shoot up that airport

Beginning? PC gaming has been a minority market for a very long time now. There are still things where it just works best with a PC interface, though. RTS, FPS, and complicated western RPGs just work better with a keyboard and mouse than a controller. I can't imagine trying to play WoW on a controller for instance.

Now that you put it that way, Jesus Christ. RTS games are lol, especially in terms of the mainstream. FPS games are thriving better on consoles than the PC, and World of Warcraft kind of speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back