• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Modern Tails (CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rika-chan

(This project is cancelled sorry)

modern tails concept.png

modern tails concept.png

So, yeah ! He finally arrives on Srb2 ! (maybe ?)

Modern Tails would be a "hard" version of Vanilla Tails (That is too cheesy tbh)

1.png

1.png

SA2 Flight :

SA2 flight is the ability of Tails in Sonic Adventure 2. We can't see it in level because he is always in his tornado,
we can only see it in the Chao World.

Anyways, SA2 fly is similar to Metal Sonic ability, but it's permanant. For Srb2 I want Modern Tails to get tired of his float ability at 8sec.
He'll can still pick up someone.

Spindash :

Spindash that you already know

Spring Tweaks :

Similar to Modern Sonic Spring Tweaks.

Tail Swipe :

SA1 Tails second ability !
Pressing Custom 1 , Modern Tails will attack ennemies with his tails like in Sonic Adventure 1.

Swim :

If you're under water Modern Tails will switch his ability to Swim. You'll can swim for 8sec.

If i want to add more abilities i'll post it here.

That's all for his abilities. I don't know about coding lua, sooooo yeah, any help would be appreciable (if you don't want... I understand, I'll manage.)

Sprites still in progress.

Anyways, I'll post progress here.

See you soon!

Last edited:
This looks very good! I don't think a spin dash would be really fitting, not sure but didn't they stop doing spin dashes after sonic adventure 2? I think the tails swipe mapped in Spin would be better. Otherwise, I wish you luck on release!

This looks very good! I don't think a spin dash would be really fitting, not sure but didn't they stop doing spin dashes after sonic adventure 2? I think the tails swipe mapped in Spin would be better. Otherwise, I wish you luck on release!
Yes, that's right, but i want him to fit into tight spaces sooo im still thinking of this.

Hm... I really do think some tweaks on the sprite would go a long way to make him truly feel like "Modern" tails. Right now it's quite literally just SRB2 Tails with longer limbs.

Also, I think it'd be neat if the tail swipe worked like in Adventure, but once you get the upgrade that lets you spin forever. Tails does get closer to the ground while doing this, so he might be able to use it to fit through tight spaces.

Hm... I really do think some tweaks on the sprite would go a long way to make him truly feel like "Modern" tails. Right now it's quite literally just SRB2 Tails with longer limbs.

Also, I think it'd be neat if the tail swipe worked like in Adventure, but once you get the upgrade that lets you spin forever. Tails does get closer to the ground while doing this, so he might be able to use it to fit through tight spaces.
That could work

like i said, im still working on the sprites, even his idle sprites. i really like your idea for making him get closer to the ground to fit into tight spaces, really good idea thanks!

if someday this got uploaded i will love it because Modern Tails in SRB2 was my dream because i dont liked TailsRE sprites.

So yeah, i love these Modern Tails sprites

okay a tails swipe map to toss flag would work for my set up (it's right click) i mean you could try making a bind setter for tail swipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back