• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Metal Anyone v3 (dead project, check v2.5 release)

I don't think you understand just how complicated some of those scripts are. Like, Kirby? Copy who? Just co-op friends? You certainly can't copy all of Kirby's abilities. What would it do in single player then? Even inhaling/spitting would take a lot of work to implement, even if you got the creator's permission to use their script. Yoshi is a similar situation, as is the Enerbeam. They are REALLY complex, even if you just pick one of their functions. And of course, you'd need the creators' permission to use any of them. And as he stated, he doesn't want to use a lot of others' code either.

I don't think you understand just how complicated some of those scripts are. Like, Kirby? Copy who? Just co-op friends? You certainly can't copy all of Kirby's abilities. What would it do in single player then? Even inhaling/spitting would take a lot of work to implement, even if you got the creator's permission to use their script. Yoshi is a similar situation, as is the Enerbeam. They are REALLY complex, even if you just pick one of their functions. And of course, you'd need the creators' permission to use any of them. And as he stated, he doesn't want to use a lot of others' code either.
I’m aware of how complicated those would be, I’m not daft. I’m just saying you could make simplified versions of those moves. I didn’t even say to use all of Kirby’s ability table either, just to make it easier to copy other characters

Couldn't you just do smaller scale versions of those moves? Like for Bandages, just do the spin dash and the enerbeam, Yoshi would be JUST tongue, and Kirby would be an easier way to copy others
That IS what I'm going to do, but in some cases it's just... still not viable. Making the enerbeam by itself would take a lot of time to do, same with Yoshi's tongue. Not even sure where would I even start with copying abilities. Coding isn't that easy.
You know, only because the mod creator was banned from the OS doesn't means the mod is cancelled.
Yeah, in fact the mod is very much alive. SMS Alfredo has posted a couple updates about it in the Discord server.

How about an ability based on "Silver" Sonic from Sonic 2 16-bit, where a bunch of tiny spikes burst out when you press Spin in the air?
(i really don't know what to call it, to be honest, lol.)
The skincolor could be Cloudy, but it's up to you.
Sapphire - Pointy - this flip thing i forgot the name
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's called the Momentum Flip.

How about an ability based on "Silver" Sonic from Sonic 2 16-bit, where a bunch of tiny spikes burst out when you press Spin in the air?
(i really don't know what to call it, to be honest, lol.)
The skincolor could be Cloudy, but it's up to you.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's called the Momentum Flip.
Silver Sonic is already planned.

also yeah it's called like that but I'm too lazy to change it rn I'm going to change it when I get back to working on this

cobalt for mecha sonic
the fast spin dash thing, jump dash thing als the jump boost thing

A new ability for Sketch-Hog
Sketch-White - Sketch-Hog - Drop Dash
Sketch-Alt - Sketch-Fox - Sketch-Bomb/Pencil-Throw

Okay so, this single mod has been in development for ages. Sorry about that, I'm just a bit lazy with stuff lol
That aside, since it's probably going to take a good while to actually finish it, I'm planning on releasing a different version of the addon in a few weeks or so when I get my PC back. A "legacy version" of sorts, just the old version ported to 2.2, but with updated sprites. This is so I don't keep you waiting forever lol.
For the new version, I'm probably not gonna take in as much suggestions as I ever planned. This got hella off board. So yeah, if I were to take all of the suggestions I would probably die coding this lmao.
BTW, if any spriters are reading this, it'd be nice if you contacted me at TeriosSonic#2440 on Discord (or @TeriosSonic2440 on Twitter. MB DMs also work :p). I might need some spriters to do custom Metal sprites eventually.

Okay so, this single mod has been in development for ages. Sorry about that, I'm just a bit lazy with stuff lol
That aside, since it's probably going to take a good while to actually finish it, I'm planning on releasing a different version of the addon in a few weeks or so when I get my PC back. A "legacy version" of sorts, just the old version ported to 2.2, but with updated sprites. This is so I don't keep you waiting forever lol.
For the new version, I'm probably not gonna take in as much suggestions as I ever planned. This got hella off board. So yeah, if I were to take all of the suggestions I would probably die coding this lmao.
BTW, if any spriters are reading this, it'd be nice if you contacted me at TeriosSonic#2440 on Discord (or @TeriosSonic2440 on Twitter. MB DMs also work :p). I might need some spriters to do custom Metal sprites eventually.
Yeah when I first saw all these suggestions I went, "there's no way for all these mods' powers and more to become available in just one character."

i have a idea for rust color i wanted to make for i character but i have no idea how to make a character tho but its like a boost you aim with keys (or just aiming) shift the power up and custom keys to aim (or not if you go with just aiming) i think it is kinda dumb but yeah

if we are also including classic Palettes then what about S1Blue which gives him abilities based on the Metal Sonic fight from Sonic CD.

You know, I've been meaning to mention that you should probably change the title of the thread, because even though you're not taking any more suggestions, people just read the title and immediately post a suggestion without reading anything lol

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back