Isolated Case Massive Lag in servers (500 ms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMinero

oh yeah,! this is happening!
Well report this problem since in previous versions I went to 50-10 ms and now it is fatal and I can not play quietly with my friends.
here I have several videos and captures:
and yes i have a good internet

srb20174.gif
1629078978297.png

and yes i have a good internet
Debatable.

Note that factors that affect latency include and are not limited to:
  • Internet connection
    • Both clients and server require a decent connection for the game to be playable. This includes you, the host, and anybody else in the server.
      Causes:
      • Distance between you and the host (obviously. it takes time to, say, go from the antartica to france and back)
      • People using bandwidth from your local network (got family and a Wi-Fi router? somebody could be syphoning all of your bandwidth!)
      • Your ISP having a bad day (sometimes, it happens)
      • Bad wiring (melting quality ambient heat paired with bad quality wiring can cause internet issues too)
      • Using a tunneling service like Hamachi, or just about any VPN. (communication with a far away service takes time)
      • Doing something else with your internet (downloading things in the background)
  • Framerate
    • Due to how the game is programmed, bad framerate can cause server-client communications to be delayed.
      This is normally not a problem, but repeatedly, it can become a noticeable annoyance.
      Causes:
      • Rendering a lot of things (massive maps, lotsa detail)
      • Maps with a lot of objects (game has to perform each object thinker every frame, slowing down every frame)
      • Some Lua mods (add a Lua interface and making additional checks per object...)
  • Your computer actually slowing down
    • Check that nothing is using 100% of disk speed or 100% of CPU, for example (windows update btfo)
...and all of this also applies to the other players in the server. You aren't the only one that could experience these, of course. Someone lags? Everybody suffers.
There may be more, but I'm not going to ennumerate all possible things!

Judging by your gif, your computer is struggling to just exist on a map. Maybe your computer wasn't designed to stand a beach map? :threat:

Edited: Added a cause lol

Last edited:
Debatable.

Note that factors that affect latency include and are not limited to:
  • Internet connection
    • Both clients and server require a decent connection for the game to be playable. This includes you, the host, and anybody else in the server.
      Causes:
      • People using bandwidth from your local network (got family and a Wi-Fi router? somebody could be syphoning all of your bandwidth!)
      • The ISP having a bad day (sometimes, it happens)
      • Bad wiring (melting quality ambient heat paired with bad quality wiring can cause internet issues too)
      • Using a tunneling service like Hamachi, or just about any VPN. (communication with a far away service takes time)
      • Doing something else with your internet (downloading things in the background)
      • ...and all of this applies to other players in the server. Someone lags? Everybody suffers.
  • Framerate
    • Due to how the game is programmed, bad framerate can cause server-client communications to be delayed.
      This is normally not a problem, but repeatedly, it can become a noticeable annoyance.
      Causes:
      • Rendering a lot of things (massive maps, lotsa detail)
      • Maps with a lot of objects (game has to perform each object thinker every frame, slowing down every frame)
      • Some Lua mods (add a Lua interface and making additional checks per object...)
  • Your computer actually slowing down
    • Check that nothing is using 100% of disk speed or 100% of CPU, for example (windows update btfo)

Judging by your gif, your computer is struggling to just exist on a map. Maybe your computer wasn't designed to stand a beach map. :threat:
So to simplify what he said

most of the time these will be the reason of your lag: Low fps(reaching 2 fps makes you game desync from the host and will cause a connection timeout),being far from the host(exemple joining a south african server from france),UsTing an adsl wifi(they are motly weak and can cause an unstable connection),The host having an awfull wifi(exemple: MAJD(this is not meant to be rude but an exemple)),You having an awfull wifi(exemple:2020 me)

So to simplify what he said

most of the time these will be the reason of your lag: Low fps(reaching 2 fps makes you game desync from the host and will cause a connection timeout),being far from the host(exemple joining a south african server from france),UsTing an adsl wifi(they are motly weak and can cause an unstable connection),The host having an awfull wifi(exemple: MAJD(this is not meant to be rude but an exemple)),You having an awfull wifi(exemple:2020 me)
HEY i dont have a shitty ping also ur the only one who lags in my server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back