Mario Level is in srb2 2.2 but not mario?

Rude and unnecessary, cookiefonster is correct about the developers' stance on Pipe Towers and Mario mode as a whole.

Some of the bonus levels for 2.2 were quite divisive within the team, Pipe Towers being one of them. I'm sorry if you like it, but don't expect to see it return in the next major version update.
wdym rude? cookie said that they agree with the devs and i was like "smh", yeah still rude but i mean i didnt say they were wrong about the devs stance on it.

wdym rude? cookie said that they agree with the devs and i was like "smh", yeah still rude but i mean i didnt say they were wrong about the devs stance on it.
It sounded like you were trying to say my opinion was wrong. When talking to people on the Internet (or in real life, for that matter), it's important to understand that different people have different opinions.

Many SRB2 dev members have said on the Discord server that they aren't fond of Pipe Towers Zone, or even the presence of Mario mode in SRB2 in the first place, and would like for them to be removed in the game's next major update. Mario mode causes lots of troublesome bugs that one would not need to worry about if the whole mode were to be removed—look at the SRB2 GitLab and you're sure to see lots of Mario mode-related bugs.

Personally, I agree with the idea of removing Mario content from SRB2. Not because of copyright issues, but because most of the game's other silly easter eggs (like the SRB1 remake, the RedXVI stuff, date-activated secrets, or even literal easter eggs) have been phased out and thus Pipe Towers still being in the game feels very out of place.
Thinking of Pipe Towers as "just an easter egg" kinda saddens me, also makes me question if you actually think that, and its an opinion, or you think its literally, factually, an easter egg. Even if you only meant Mario Mode, I think it's a nice detail, and it isn't hurting anyone's enjoyment of the game. At least, I haven't encountered any major bugs, or even minor ones in the stage, not to say they don't exist of course.

Thinking of Pipe Towers as "just an easter egg" kinda saddens me, also makes me question if you actually think that, and its an opinion, or you think its literally, factually, an easter egg. Even if you only meant Mario Mode, I think it's a nice detail, and it isn't hurting anyone's enjoyment of the game. At least, I haven't encountered any major bugs, or even minor ones in the stage, not to say they don't exist of course.
It literally is just an Easter Egg. This is a Sonic game, not a Mario game. STJr doesn’t even want it in the game anymore due to the amount of bugs it causes

Honestly I appreciate the revamped version but Pipe Tower Zone (formerly known as Mario Koopa Blast) was just a joke/easter-egg and SRB2 should focus on Sonic because it's what the fangame is about.

A level can be an Easter egg. That’s like saying the small Flintstines sub-area in LEGO Dimensions wasn’t Easter egg despite the fact that Flintstones wasn’t an advertised part of the game
It's a bonus level, you can play it and it's fun. It's also not very short either. Just because it's a mario level in a sonic game does NOT make it an easter egg or an easter egg level. It's literally the 2nd bonus level, it's fun and enjoyable (subjective but its my opinion) and not short either. I do not think I am the only one who likes the level, I do not feel that Pipe Towers is out of place in SRB2, and comparing an entire level to RedXVI's appearance is stupid.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back