MapPaths

MapPaths 1.1

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
CobaltBW submitted a new resource:

MapPaths - Multipurpose pathing and waypoint infrastructure.

MapPaths is a paths and waypoints system which makes it easier for creators to navigate objects through complex levels. While the focus of this project is mainly to facilitate intelligent player AI navigation, it can be used on cameras, payload-style mechanics, or just about anything.

Included in the pk3 is a pathing network for GFZ1 and an AI that can navigate the waypoints at a basic level, with some basic actions programmed for jumping, spinning, and spindashing depending on the...

Read more about this resource...

The actual command to list other commands is "listpathcommands" instead of "pathlistcommands"

When I enter a level I get the following error:

Lua:
WARNING: ...1.0.pk3|Lua/MapPathsInfrastructure/Path_WriteLua.lua:9: attempt to concatenate a nil value
stack traceback:
    ...1.0.pk3|Lua/MapPathsInfrastructure/Path_WriteLua.lua:9: in function 'L_GetInternalMapPaths'
    ...1.0.pk3|Lua/MapPathsInfrastructure/Path_Luafiles.lua:12: in function 'getInternalFunc'
    ...1.0.pk3|Lua/MapPathsInfrastructure/Path_Luafiles.lua:18: in function <...1.0.pk3|Lua/MapPathsInfrastructure/Path_Luafiles.lua:17>
Post automatically merged:

I can also break the bot if I take it with me anywhere.

srb20001.png

CobaltBW updated MapPaths with a new update entry:

Version 1.1

- Added extra functionality to the pathbot command, for changing skins and removing pathbot
- Path bot now correctly respawns after dying.
- Entering edit mode no longer removes the tab rankings HUD
- Fixed a lua error that occurs when visiting the title screen
- Fixed a lua error that occurs when respawning a path bot that was previously kicked

Read the rest of this update entry...

The waypoints in GFZ1 make the pathbot jump, spin, or spindash based on waypoint tags.

edittags lets you write specific indicators for paths or waypoints moving forward or backwards. For instance, if you need an AI to jump at a certain waypoint to get to the next one, you would select the starting waypoint you want to edit, then insert edittags waypoints front add jump through the console.

If you're trying to make the AI jump from a waypoint on one path to a waypoint on a different path, you will have to go through the addwaypointexits command instead. Assuming you've selected the starting waypoint and your end waypoint is on Path #2, waypoint index #3, you would insert addwaypointexits 2 3 jump into the console.

The waypoints in GFZ1 make the pathbot jump, spin, or spindash based on waypoint tags.

edittags lets you write specific indicators for paths or waypoints moving forward or backwards. For instance, if you need an AI to jump at a certain waypoint to get to the next one, you would select the starting waypoint you want to edit, then insert edittags waypoints front add jump through the console.

If you're trying to make the AI jump from a waypoint on one path to a waypoint on a different path, you will have to go through the addwaypointexits command instead. Assuming you've selected the starting waypoint and your end waypoint is on Path #2, waypoint index #3, you would insert addwaypointexits 2 3 jump into the console.
Thank you sir!.... or ma'am, i'll tell my friend this!

ran into another problem. When we used edittags we did. edittags 1 3 ai front add jump. But then it gave us invalid argument. we then looked it said edittags <path/waypoints/header> etc... Can you give us an example with numbers or a gif? (Also sorry for bothering you again......)

ran into another problem. When we used edittags we did. edittags 1 3 ai front add jump. But then it gave us invalid argument. we then looked it said edittags <path/waypoints/header> etc... Can you give us an example with numbers or a gif? (Also sorry for bothering you again......)
Never mind my friend figured out the problem. Great mod btw!

Last edited:
Hey so i got a couple of questions i would like to ask: 1) is there a way to slow the bot down for platforming? i notice the bot tends to just go at full speed no matter what so is there a tag that makes them slow down at all? 2) can you add more than one path bot? (be cool for races and stuff) 3) how do you get the hitboxes to appear bigger? whenever i mess with it, the bot has a tendency to backtrack or constantly jump until it hits the waypoint so i'm sure making it bigger would help out a bit. 4) do you have a list of working tags atm? i only know a few (jump, spin, spindash) so i was wondering if there was more.

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but i have been trying to get answers for a while on discord with no luck at all so i figured this was the place to go for this :sadthumbsup::dramahog:

man this looks very interesting, kinda hoping if a full documentation actually ever happens, i am slightly interested for making a tf2 payload gamemode

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back