LuaTAS

[Open Assets] LuaTAS v0.2

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

SilicDev

Amateur Speedrunner and Programmer
SilicDev submitted a new resource:

LuaTAS - Simple TAS tool written in lua

This script allows replaying inputs from csv files to create Tool Assisted Speedruns.

So how does it work?
When the game changes map the script loads the appropriate csv file in luafiles/client/TAS. The filename should follow the naming scheme TAS_MAPXX_skinname.csv but other names may be recognized as well.
The first line of the file defines the mappings allowing you to change the order per level.
Once the map is loaded the script sets the local players inputs according to...​

Read more about this resource...

Example file isn't working for me. The inputs themselves are working, but Sonic just keeps thokking into a waterfall. The camera didn't move from position at all during the TAS, so maybe that says something?

Right, thanks for the reminder! The example file is intended for the Automatic control scheme. Originally I had intended to allow switching between that and Manual mode but sadly there doesn't seem to be a function or variable for it. I'm going to add a marker to it for future releases and note it in the description.

Theoratically yes as it's only sending inputs however I'm not sure if the server needs to have the script as well.

You manually write it into a file. THis is not explicatly intended to replay player input and rather create input sequences beyond human precision. However if need be it's fairly trivial to write a script to record button data in a format suitable to this script.

You're welcome! It's a good idea to add a marker and note the limitation in the description of your file for future releases.

what if in v0.3 while youre playing a level it records your inputs, so that way if you load the map again it plays your inputs back

im trying to write a tas to try and get past the first area of high jump highjinx as sonic Without Using the shields (from oldc 2023r1 as u might already know). however i Cant figure out how to turn the camera in manual mode. ive figured out movement & jump & spin, its just Camera turning i cant get. ive tried both camleft/camright And cl/cr for the headers, and both 0/1 And -50-50 for the inputs, but i Cant seem to get the camera to turn. i use my mouse to turn, but i still have the arrow keys set to also turn the camera.
is there a different input i should be putting in for turning the camera? or any controls i should change for the camera turning to work? or is there smthn else im missing

I think it's case sensitive atm, so it has to be exactly "CamRight" or "CamLeft" (or "CR", "CL" if you prefer)

Ok so I think I got the "starting the TAS" part pretty consistent. But how do you make them run, jump, and spin and do all those other things.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back