• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Logan McCloud's WIP Thread

I take plenty of breaks lol

The pack is still low-poly. Almost every model is under 1000 tris, and *most* of the models are under 500. After all, part of the point was to save performance while also fitting in with the world.
I swear i thought there was more tris by how good they are
Impressive

why do models with over 1k tris sound like alot to me, when they don'y look that much when looking at them? man i have no experience with modeling

Oh hello. Gonna answer some stuff.

-The models will release when they are done. You don't need to speculate about it in my own thread lol

-I had a motobug model in my old pack, which I cleaned up and will be in my 2.1 pack as well:
View attachment 89448

-I've seen the Amy model and I'm fine with it lol. My old pack is completely open to edit. The new one will be as well and I'll even release the source files at some point later to make editing easier. Could also be useful if I ever leave the community and someone wants to maintain it after I leave.
i love this style of the moto bug SO much
nice work

The feedback I've gotten from people who see my process is that my textures do a lot of the heavy lifting.

I'll let you guys be the judge of that:
1681762999109.png

As far as polycounts go, it's worth noting that Mario's model (not including extras) in Mario 64 is 752 triangles.
This Sonic here is only 758 triangles, also not including extras. I just use that polycount more efficiently.

"Mid-poly" is much closer to something like 5,000-20,000 triangles without getting too technical about definitions.

1681763966631.png

Here's the crawla at 197 triangles. I could actually bring it down a little more if I wanted to, but this makes it easier to edit.

The feedback I've gotten from people who see my process is that my textures do a lot of the heavy lifting.

View attachment 89573

As far as polycounts go, it's worth noting that Mario's model (not including extras) in Mario 64 is 752 triangles.
This Sonic here is only 758 triangles, also not including extras. I just use that polycount more efficiently.

"Mid-poly" is much closer to something like 5,000-20,000 triangles without getting too technical about definitions.

View attachment 89574
Here's the crawla at 197 triangles. I could actually bring it down a little more if I wanted to, but this makes it easier to edit.
nothing bad, very good models!

I take plenty of breaks lol

The pack is still low-poly. Almost every model is under 1000 tris, and *most* of the models are under 500. After all, part of the point was to save performance while also fitting in with the world.
thats good you took some breakes becuase its good that you dont stress your self out from making these models or burnout but thats good your taking breakes

Yep lol. Also thanks!
Here are a couple animations I did with the Egg Robo for fun.
(These won't be in SRB2 unfortunately, since there is nowhere to put them or there are too many frames)
View attachment 88728View attachment 88727
Post automatically merged:

So I've posted this to the discord a few times, but for easier access, I'm going to post it here too.

Official ports of my outdated 2.1 models of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic. I made this because there were some portlegs of my old models floating around that were a bit messed up. While I'd rather people just wait for the new models and use those instead, some people still like the old models for whatever reason, and if they're going to use them at all, you may as well use my own port.

-Texture Palette and _blend file have been converted to the 2.2 palette (almost no difference besides a couple of colors)
-The models are MD3 now, so they don't jitter around as much as the old ones, but this also reveals how janky the old animations were
-Sonic has 4 visible rolling frames instead of 3
-Tails' tails are separated and he uses his ball model from one of his mod variants
-Knuckles has a new swimming animation
-Metal Sonic was previously based on a mod, which had more animation frames and a different structure. Consequently, he has had to have his frames reduced to fit into his 2.2 vanilla version.

Only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic are here. No other models from the original 2.1 pack will be ported. Again, I'd rather people just wait for and use the new models when they're done.
And when the world needed him most, he returned.

View attachment 89573

View attachment 89574
Here's tmhe crawla at 197 triangles. I could actually bring it down a little more if I wanted to, but this makes it easier to edit.
Good Great Awesome Outstanding Amazing!

View attachment 89573

View attachment 89574
Cool!

I hate how long it took for me to find this thread. It's finally great seeing updates on your models, Logan.
Deeply excited for the release.

Hey man! If you have started amy yet, could you maybe give a sneak peek of her? You don't have to if you decide. either way, I think the models that are shown here are great!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back