• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Logan McCloud's WIP Thread

I like how this model pack contrasts with peppermodels, with the fact that pack is based more on, say, the CSS artstyle (or official artstyle), while this one is based on the sprites themselves.

Yeah I prioritize the sprites for the look and design. Though I do take some cues from the CSS art if the sprite details are too small to figure out.

Next enemy I'll be texturing is Pyrefly! Their base model has been done for a few months. I'm not looking forward to this haha
1680925663520.png

i found this badnick on azure temple zone(The last zone of the challenge stages)
badnick thing.png

It's not an obligation, but it would be great if you made a model for it

What next? Eggrobo playable? or silver?
If I do any more mod characters I want to finish the base game models first.
i found this badnick on azure temple zone(The last zone of the challenge stages)
View attachment 89075
It's not an obligation, but it would be great if you made a model for it
1680932007308.png

This little guy has been done for a while :)
I've actually modeled every single enemy in the game now. It's just Pyrefly and Pterabyte that need textures, but that's all.

so i just found this thread was a thing, and it looks cool. the one thing that i always have with enabling models on is the fact that there isn't any models for the animals u save from badniks, not like that's important but it just bugs me and maybe some other people despite it being minor

As of now there's only Pyrefly and Pterabyte left.

We'll see. Depends on how things go in the next couple months or so.

Anyway, Dragonbomber is done!
View attachment 89055
View attachment 89052View attachment 89053

And here are some more things not yet uploaded to the thread:
View attachment 89062View attachment 89067View attachment 89065View attachment 89066View attachment 89063
Quick question if you don't mind, but what character models have you finished right now?

Also great work man.

As of now there's only Pyrefly and Pterabyte left.

We'll see. Depends on how things go in the next couple months or so.

Anyway, Dragonbomber is done!
View attachment 89055
View attachment 89052View attachment 89053

And here are some more things not yet uploaded to the thread:
View attachment 89062View attachment 89067View attachment 89065View attachment 89066View attachment 89063
The Hedgehog Lurks.
Glad to see you're being Productive! Make sure to not pressure yourself and hydrate!

Quick question if you don't mind, but what character models have you finished right now?

Also great work man.
Thanks! And sure no problem.

Right now vanilla Sonic is the only one I consider 100% done.
1680978713474.png

It was important that I finish him first since he set the standard for the rest of the pack's modeling/texturing style.
Tails is about 90% done, more than good enough to show pictures of.
1680978842205.png

Junio Sonic (and his secret variant) has also been done for years now as he showed up at the end of my 2020 teaser trailer:
1680979056991.png

Adventure Sonic is almost done, but I'm holding off making more progress on that until I finish the rest of the main cast.
I have a bunch of other mod characters in the works, but again, holding off on finishing those until I get to the main cast.
I was also commissioned to work on Inazuma/Aether and that's almost done.
Fang is still in the starting phase.
After I finish badniks I want to make more progress on the main cast.

View attachment 89121
It was important that I finish him first since he set the standard for the rest of the pack's modeling/texturing style.
View attachment 89122

Junio Sonic (and his secret variant) has also been done for years now as he showed up at the end of my 2020 teaser trailer:
View attachment 89123

Adventure Sonic is almost done, but I'm holding off making more progress on that until I finish the rest of the main cast.
I have a bunch of other mod characters in the works, but again, holding off on finishing those until I get to the main cast.
Cool! Wishing you motivation dude.
Never give up.
Even when life gets you down, we are here to support you man 👍🏽

View attachment 89121
View attachment 89122

View attachment 89123

Hold up a secret variant to junio sonic? I think I know who it is but I'm not gonna tell, either way great job man!

View attachment 89121
View attachment 89122

View attachment 89123

Oh and also, will you finish all of the vanilla cast
And then release it or just sonic, tails, and junio? ( And the others will be updates like other model packs)

Sorry for being a bother 😅

Oh and also, will you finish all of the vanilla cast
And then release it or just sonic, tails, and junio? ( And the others will be updates like other model packs)

Sorry for being a bother 😅
It's no problem! These are fair questions. Little history before the answer:

When I released the 2.1 pack I released it unfinished. Notably, the initial release didn't have Knuckles, instead it had a placeholder as a joke. However, after I updated it to include the proper model, people still thought Knuckles wasn't in it. And I got burnt out updating the pack and adding the missing models. I didn't like working in the old style either since it didn't match what I *actually* wanted from the model pack.

I want to finish every vanilla model I plan to make before I release it. Mod characters might get added with updates, but I also want to do the mod characters I care about most for the initial release, in case I get burnt out again. After I finish the model pack I also have to put more focus into Sonic Utopia, which I'm a key dev and the lead animator on. Having this pack be in the background while I work on that has slowed down production of *both*.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back