Linedef 115 Play sound? how's that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say this should be in the wiki, but it turns out none of the linedef specials are there at all. It is however in the specials reference document, located here: http://clipper.ship.edu/~af0916/srb2/specials.html

The document recommends finding the numbers for sound effects in sounds.h, but I find it simpler to get them from the SOC editor. Either way, you'll need the source code.

Tets said:
I was going to say this should be in the wiki, but it turns out none of the linedef specials are there at all.

Maybe someone should make the page redirect to that Specials refrence document.

Oh yeah by the way:
The specials page said:
115 - Linedef Executor: Play SFX

Plays a sound effect. The line length is the sound number to use. The list of sound effects can be found in sounds.h. The origin of the sound depends on which linedef flags are set:

No climb (64): The sound is played from nowhere, but only for the player who triggered it.
Passuse (512): The sound is played from nowhere for everyone.
Block monsters (2): The sound is played from the center of the sector that triggered the linedef executor.

Otherwise, the sound is played from the location of the player or thing who triggered it.

Tets said:
The document recommends finding the numbers for sound effects in sounds.h, but I find it simpler to get them from the SOC editor. Either way, you'll need the source code.
So where can I find that? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back