Kirby Wii - Finally! A RELEASE DATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I really want to see is an actual Kirby game with the Kirby Air Ride engine. The Air Ride engine made the game feel so free and perfect in my opinion, especially with City Trial. Either that, or an Air Ride 2 with City Trial (2) and Wi-Fi functions.

Am I the only one liked Squeak Squad? I've been playing through it, and I'm really enjoying it. I know a lot of people say it's easy, but isn't EVERY Kirby game pretty much made to be as easy as possible? Maybe they could try sticking that Super Guide from NSMBW in here.

All I want, basically is the length of Adventure with the move variety of Superstar.

But isn't EVERY Kirby game pretty much made to be as easy as possible?

Easy to learn but not really considered to be easy in terms of difficulty. If Kirby was intended to be "as easy as possible" then the fun factor would sort of diminish and downgrade itself to a seemingly forgotten game. Most of the bosses were easy to figure out but then more creativity of nature and movement was added to keep the player guessing (which was a good move). Lets not also forget that the stages have their own difficulty and complexity. Now you can't say that "Amazing Mirror" was a cake walk either. Do you know how much back tracking needs to be done just to get to another area?

Am I the only one liked Squeak Squad? I've been playing through it, and I'm really enjoying it. I know a lot of people say it's easy, but isn't EVERY Kirby game pretty much made to be as easy as possible? Maybe they could try sticking that Super Guide from NSMBW in here.

It gives a good first impression, but I really think the replay value is lacking just because there are too many all around flaws for me to appreciate it. For instance, why does fire destroy the only platform in Mecha Kracko's boss stage? Why can't the squeakers just not flinch when I hit them so that there's actually a challenge to fighting them? Why does the final boss suck so much? Why is ghost Kirby not as fun as he should be? Where is my multiplayer? Why are there so few new tunes in this game?

And contrary to popular belief, Kirby games are not made to be as easy as possible. They're no Mega Man, but they do throw unique challenges in wherever possible. Kirby is engaging and has depth, like all good games, it's just not DODGE THIS AND THIS AND THIS TOO LATE YOU'RE DEAD. If you want a challenge in Kirby games, try 100%ing Crystal Shards or Dreamland 3. Easier said than done.

If you want a challenge in Kirby games, try 100%ing Crystal Shards or Dreamland 3. Easier said than done.

Lol, oddly enough I got both those 100% on my first run of each game. For me, it is easier done than said. (My family has a tree on my father's side that goes back to russia, so apparently I am part Soviet Russian...)

How did you 100% Kirby Dreamland 3 on your first try?

I bought it and beat it, lots of them were don't step on flower or step on them...

I just guessed at what I had to do. I knew from the picture at the level select screen that something might hapen if I left the flowers alone or if I killed them when a flower wasn't on the screen, and sure enough it did.

I think squek squad neede more ability combos... Just five is not enough... I just got Dreamland 3 on VC so I can't say much on it yet... Now let's get back on topic, Autosaver how do you even know this is legit? The website could be false...

Hey look, it's that one game that kept disappearing and reappearing from Nintendo's list of releases. For all I know, it's another dodgy estimation.
While I still like how this game looks, I'd rather wait for more information about the game to be released than to make assumptions.

Kirby Wii Still in Development, But Release Still TBA
Nintendo still working on a Kirby platformer that's been in development since the GameCube era.

By Kris Pigna, 05/07/2010

Nintendo is well known for relying heavily on their mascot characters, but some get a little more action than others. Case in point: Kirby, who -- besides an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl -- hasn't been seen outside of a few Nintendo DS games over the last several years. But according to Nintendo's latest listing of planned releases (PDF file, page
icon_cool.gif
, they do indeed still intend to release a new Kirby platformer for the Wii...they just still don't know when.
The game (under the temporary Japanese title "Hoshi no Kirby") is listed under upcoming Wii releases as "TBA," which is the first time in a long time that this new Wii Kirby game was even publicly mentioned. The title has been a long-time coming, considering it reportedly started as a GameCube game before development was moved to the Wii for what was originally supposed to be a 2008 release in Japan.

Other than that, very little about this ethereal Kirby game is known. Early details were that it would feature Kirby's standard enemy-inhaling ability and a multiplayer component, but after so much development time has passed, there's no telling how the game is currently shaping up. For now, let us be content in knowing it even still exists. http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179188

More proof its still being developed.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179188

Seeing that the game was first announced in 2005 as a game for the now-discontinued Gamecube, I am finally glad that the game will be released soon as a Wii game, this is a definite day 1 purchase for me.

I just hope they make Meta-Knight playable.

I don't know if that's something I would count on, but at the very least I'll be able to play as the helpers, and that's good enough for me.

Someones old.

Looking at other people's post, the game probably changed so much it isn't the same as we seen in the trailer.

Don't let this be the next Duke Nuke'm (But this is Nintendo, so IT WILL be finished)

Someones old.

Looking at other people's post, the game probably changed so much it isn't the same as we seen in the trailer.

Don't let this be the next Duke Nuke'm (But this is Nintendo, so IT WILL be finished)

*Someone's

So yeah, give me the exact date I'll be able to play it and I'll be happy.

(But this is Nintendo, so IT WILL be finished)
Well, technically, Kirby's Air Ride 64 and Mother 3 (64) both were on hold for a long time before eventually being canceled.

Certainly, they were given spiritual remakes some years afterward, but they were stilled canceled Nintendo games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back