Kinda confused about how to make Foxbot work

PupDaNi

Hey-Hey-Hey-MOTHERFU-
Even though some steps are simple for some reason the way to get foxbot to work is confusing the hecc out of me can someone please tell me step by step how to use this and how to get it to work? (It's because I really want to play through some level packs with teams of specific characters.)

After installing and loading the mod, start up your own server (in "Multiplayer"). If all your clients (devices, or windows that the game is open in) are on the same network this is unneeded.
Now you're in the game as node 00 because you're the host (this is important).
Now, launch the game again so that you have it running twice at the same time. You can also run it on another device with the game.
In this second instance, join your server. If you're running both instances on the same computer, you can go to "Specify IP Address" and type in "localhost" (without the quotes of course). This should boot you into the server you set up earlier as node 01.
Now set up your characters like normal, and on the second instance, open the console (try the ` key) and type in "setbot 00". Now the second player is following the first and you're done!
If you ever need more team members, just open up more instances of the game.
If any of this confused you, Please let me know!

Even though some steps are simple for some reason the way to get foxbot to work is confusing the hecc out of me can someone please tell me step by step how to use this and how to get it to work? (It's because I really want to play through some level packs with teams of specific character
Foxbot is like Sonic and Tails but in multiplayer. When you join a netgame and someone has it, enter your console and put in setbot <enter the number of the player>. You will see a meter in the middle-left, this shows how far away you are from them. If you go to far away from them you will be automatically teleported back, type in setbot -1 to stop.

If you are following someone but don't move an AI will automatically play as you, if you don't want this just move to cancel it, other than these thats really it. There are other commands, but they are pretty strait-forward so I'll just link the mod instead

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back