• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

hey guys i'm is DRRR out yet? who wishes to when came out ring racers i giving you release date: late 2022 i hope you 4 year anniversary
The game will not be released in 2022. There is no projected release date. Rest assured that development is still ongoing and we will announce news about Ring Racers when we're ready.

what I would like is that there is an application that runs in any mod of v1 and makes it compatible in v2

:oh:
This is unlikely to happen. Krew is not interested in making such a tool, and characters will require additional sprites to be compatible with Ring Racers. Converting maps automatically  may be possible, but Kart maps will probably not play very well in Ring Racers, requiring more work than a simple conversion if a quality experience is desired.

It'll be done when it's done... simple as that.

Besides, rushing to meet a release date like you want them to do isn't good because it means we get a less-polished product.
Exactly...
Correct me if I'm wrong but nobody has said or even confirmed that SRB2Kart is going to be killed off...
Jeez, stop ending every sentence with "...". It makes you seem overdramatic and looks like you think it makes you look more serious, at first glance at least.

Anyway, I think it was a great idea to make V2/DRRR a sequel. It's become more of its own thing in recent years and therefor, in my opinion, it really should start having a unique identity.

Last edited:
Anyway, I think it was a great idea to make V2/DRRR a sequel. It's become more of its own thing in recent years and therefor, in my opinion, it really should start having a unique identity.

Second that
SRB2K is a good game and all, but Ring Racers will definetely elevate it from "Sonic Mario Kart" to "Sonic Kart"

If that makes any sense

Last edited:
Second that
SRB2K is a good game and all, but Ring Racers will definetely elevate it from "Sonic Mario Kart" to "Sonic Kart"

If that makes any sense
It makes total sense. Rather than the game being what is essentially a Mario Kart clone with Sonic painted all over it, Ring Racers aims to seperate itself from that, gaining a new identity with a totally different way to play while still retaining its kartracer origins at core. At least, that's what I think you're saying.

It makes total sense. Rather than the game being what is essentially a Mario Kart clone with Sonic painted all over it, Ring Racers aims to seperate itself from that, gaining a new identity with a totally different way to play while still retaining its kartracer origins at core. At least, that's what I think you're saying.

Actually that's exactly what I'm saying

Thanks

Jeez, stop ending every sentence with "...". It makes you seem overdramatic and looks like you think it makes you look more serious, at first glance at least.
Good grief. Here I am not doing anything wrong on the forums and yet you accuse me of being too overdramatic and serious just because I put ... at the end.
I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted but you can't help human nature sometimes.

Good grief. Here I am not doing anything wrong on the forums and yet you accuse me of being too overdramatic and serious just because I put ... at the end.
I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted but you can't help human nature sometimes.

It isn't a matter of human nature it's just a matter of you not using ..... so much

It isn't a matter of human nature it's just a matter of you not using ..... so much
Agreed... I'm sure now that you're thinking about it, this is kinda annoying... But that's your problem...

Let's just forget about this and go back to talking about how good DRRR is going to be.

(I still think there's nothing wrong with using ... but I'll try not to do as much of that in future.)

The game will not be released in 2022. There is no projected release date. Rest assured that development is still ongoing and we will announce news about Ring Racers when we're ready.

This is unlikely to happen. Krew is not interested in making such a tool, and characters will require additional sprites to be compatible with Ring Racers. Converting maps automatically  may be possible, but Kart maps will probably not play very well in Ring Racers, requiring more work than a simple conversion if a quality experience is desired.
This is exciting, with or without a release date. I'm absolutely psyched

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back