• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Julie-Su Wad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK! so i've decided to try and make a Julie-Su the echidna Wad! for some of you who may not know her she is knuckles' girl friend from the sonic comic's! she is also one of my favorite characters and I was very bummed to see that she wasnt added to the WAD section, EVER! D: so I decided that im gonna make a team chaotix pack consisting of julie-su, saffron, charmy, mighty, ray, espio, vector and maybe knuckles! and I might actually make some levels for them too!! soo here's my start for the wad!!! and i need some help with adding on her image... my user picture is her old one... but i got a suggestion and fixed her and i made 2 new frames...soo if anyone can tell me how to add her that would be awesomeness!!

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

oh by the way sorry if i missed spelled anything i have to go... when i come back on ill check my post and fix the spelling grammer thingy's!! bye!

It looks good. Good luck!
thanks! but i fixed her... and i added 2 new frames and i wanna put her up but i cant find a way to put her up!! D: I'm SO confused!! XD oh well the new frames and her fixed sprite is on deviantart under my account "JAWjakerssure" so you can check her out and tell me if i should fix her!!

You should use a image hosting website (Tinypic.com is a good one)
Upload the picture
And it'll give you a link to it, then copy and paste it here.

here we go
julie_su_wad_by_jawjakerssure-d2zf1xs.png

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

You should use a image hosting website (Tinypic.com is a good one)
Upload the picture
And it'll give you a link to it, then copy and paste it here.
thanks but she's up! :D
OH CRAP! I relized WHY she looks funny! I FORGOT HER TAIL!! D: I'll make her tails right away! :D

Last edited:
I hate to break it to you, but those are extremely...lacking. They are stiff, crudely drawn, and aren't really in the SRB2 style. Don't feel bad; very few people can make good character WADs. I would encourage you to try levels instead; it's much easier to become skilled at level design than to become skilled at character design.

it's much easier to become skilled at level design than to become skilled at character design.

Yeah, that's true, except for me. I suck at level design, and I'm getting better at Wad making. Speaking of which..

No progress yet on Virt. Sorry guys.

I hate to break it to you, but those are extremely...lacking. They are stiff, crudely drawn, and aren't really in the SRB2 style. Don't feel bad; very few people can make good character WADs. I would encourage you to try levels instead; it's much easier to become skilled at level design than to become skilled at character design.
yeah, this is my first time making a wad from scratch... but either way i might not put her up in the release forums if she's bad... and I'm gonna work on her too....

Hey I think it looks nice. A lot of these people are all critics. Who else pretty much tries around here.

Hey I think it looks nice. A lot of these people are all critics. Who else pretty much tries around here.

*Ahem*

Well, given my current track record when it comes to these things, you could say I don't try.

As for the sprites, they look incredibly stiff, and it's undershaded, but it's otherwise good.

EDIT: I went ahead and attemtped at a Julie Sue sprite and- Eh...

juliesucomparison.png

You know, I'm gonna step out of this. My sprite looks more akward than yours.

Last edited:
yeah but what some of you guy's don't understand is that julie-su is really hard to get right looking! it was REALLY hard to make her look like a GIRL! lol and her designs are confusing too! I'm not sure what you mean by stiff... if you could tell me ill try and fix it! by the way thank you WEREHOG!

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

EDIT: I went ahead and attemtped at a Julie Sue sprite and- Eh...

juliesucomparison.png

You know, I'm gonna step out of this. My sprite looks more akward than yours.
I don't think so! it looks nice!! the only problem is her bang's need to be up more. that's all though! I actually kinda like yours better than mine... I don't know WHY noone ever made her yet!....maybe because she is to hard? nahh....hmm I REALLY have no clue...hm oh well!

Um... maybe because most people don't read the comics and the fact that character WADs take 173+ sprites to make?
BTW, you have a spell checker so USE IT! Nothing annoys me off more than when people use apostrophes when they use a plural word.

Last edited:
Since when is it bad to be a critic? I just wanted to inform him that he would probably have better luck with level design, and that character WADs rarely become good. It's far from the worst character WAD I've ever seen, but it's also far from anything that could ever become popular. I thought he should at least be aware of this before deciding to continue the project and devote all this hard work to something that could end up being awful. He shouldn't take that personally...everyone's first project sucks, but especially if it happens to be a character WAD.

Since when is it bad to be a critic? I just wanted to inform him that he would probably have better luck with level design, and that character WADs rarely become good. It's far from the worst character WAD I've ever seen, but it's also far from anything that could ever become popular. I thought he should at least be aware of this before deciding to continue the project and devote all this hard work to something that could end up being awful. He shouldn't take that personally...everyone's first project sucks, but especially if it happens to be a character WAD.
who ever said it could suck? trust me, I've seen much worse than my sprite! and so what? the front may look bad but if the game play is fun and over-all the WAD its self is good than I dont see how it can't become popular... I dont wanna sound mean but how many WAD's have you made again that are popular?? and if you guy's dont like it then I can only give the download link to people who want julie-su when im done! thats all!

You don't have to make a WAD to know what a bad WAD looks like. Not saying this is bad, but it could be improved. Try using the default Sonic as a height and proportions template, as the current sprite looks a tad tall. Also, the shading looks a tad odd. I don't know what's irking me with the shading, it just looks.. odd. No offence or anything, if you could fix some of these points, then you could probably get a much more popular WAD then if you don't. :3

who ever said it could suck? trust me, I've seen much worse than my sprite! and so what? the front may look bad but if the game play is fun and over-all the WAD its self is good than I dont see how it can't become popular... I dont wanna sound mean but how many WAD's have you made again that are popular?? and if you guy's dont like it then I can only give the download link to people who want julie-su when im done! thats all!
WAD making is not a popularity contest. Nuff' Said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back