JSFN

[Open Assets] JSFN v2.1.4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Re_ updated JSFN with a new update entry:

v1.4.0 - Credits + General QOL

Just a general update, nothing too major. Minus the credits being in the mod so I don't have to constantly risk changing this page and having the addon go back to the approval line again.

Patch Notes
  • The credits are now in the mod after you clear a run, or talk to Metal Sonic and choose "Play Credits"
  • Save files are now handled as just 1 file instead of 4
  • You can now make backups of your save file by talking to Metal Sonic
  • The Temporary Jump card is replaced with a...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Re_ updated JSFN with a new update entry:

v2.0.0 - Even More Cards

It's what it says. There's now 44 new cards making a total of 80. This does mean that the addon's page is outdated, and will be for a day or two. I'm waiting for a bit as to not get this addon shot to the back of the approval line for the third time (me posting this is probably going to do that already just because of the youtube link lol).

Patch Notes:
  • 45 new cards!
  • Green Mode (greenmode command)
  • Better handing for corrupted files.
  • Bugfixes that I forgot (I know, crazy.)...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
why i can't complete the tutorial? i get no cards! i'm pressing jump, spin, fire and fire normal and nothing happens
Post automatically merged:

why i can't complete the tutorial? i get no cards! i'm pressing jump, spin, fire and fire normal and nothing happens
 

Attachments

  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
why i can't complete the tutorial? i get no cards! i'm pressing jump, spin, fire and fire normal and nothing happens
Post automatically merged:
I think I know why this happens? It's attempting to fix a different bug where cards randomly delete themselves. I'll get it fixed.
 
Re_ updated JSFN with a new update entry:

v2.1.0 - Endless Shuffle

Endless Shuffle is now a mode. Walk up to the green machine in the casino to play it. You get a 1 minute timer and each floor cleared adds 8 seconds. Every floor is randomly generated as well. There's also leaderboards, one for local high scores and one for global high scores.

Since there's not exactly a way to make HTTP requests in SRB2 Lua, to get high scores from other players, join any multiplayer server with ReServerTools v3.6.3 or higher and everyone in the server who has played...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
I'm using Steam Input (by adding a Non-Steam game to my library) to play this addon, and it seems that emulating controller input is broken. When mapping the controller inputs to keyboard actions it works fine, but when trying to use stick movement, it breaks the textbox menus and causes the level to instantly be forfeit if you try moving.

The textbox menus in Chaotic Edition seem to work fine, so maybe it's just an issue with the version of the library used?
 
I'm using Steam Input (by adding a Non-Steam game to my library) to play this addon, and it seems that emulating controller input is broken. When mapping the controller inputs to keyboard actions it works fine, but when trying to use stick movement, it breaks the textbox menus and causes the level to instantly be forfeit if you try moving.

The textbox menus in Chaotic Edition seem to work fine, so maybe it's just an issue with the version of the library used?
Try without Steam Input and just using SRB2's default controller support (go to Player 1 Controls > Gamepad Options > and set FIRENORMAL AXIS to Y-RUDDER if that button moves the camera), generally Steam Input causes more problems than it solves.
 
Try without Steam Input and just using SRB2's default controller support (go to Player 1 Controls > Gamepad Options > and set FIRENORMAL AXIS to Y-RUDDER if that button moves the camera), generally Steam Input causes more problems than it solves.
The controllers I'm using (the 2015 Steam Controller and Switch 2 Pro Controller) require the use of Steam Input to be registered in-game. I might try to find any other software that translates input from those controllers to XInput, but if not I can always try to patch the addon?
 
The controllers I'm using (the 2015 Steam Controller and Switch 2 Pro Controller) require the use of Steam Input to be registered in-game. I might try to find any other software that translates input from those controllers to XInput, but if not I can always try to patch the addon?
I use a Switch 1 Pro Controller personally without many issues, I don't know about the Switch 2's but mine needs to not be plugged in and just use Bluetooth to function right. I'm not really sure how to help too much further since I'm having the classic "it works on my machine."

If you do still need to patch the addon, tell me the fix so I can put it in the mod.
 
Hello, I really like playing your addon and I wonder if you could patch this game breaking bug where with the attraction card activated you get invincibility because of the shield always being active. Possibly by deactivating the shield before the hit or by making custom attraction code. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 33
Hello, I really like playing your addon and I wonder if you could patch this game breaking bug where with the attraction card activated you get invincibility because of the shield always being active. Possibly by deactivating the shield before the hit or by making custom attraction code. Thanks.
Thank you, I can probably get this fixed tomorrow. The reason for why this happens is that currently the Attraction card just adds SH_ATTRACT to the players shield state.
 
Found the same bug, but for a different reason:

srb20007.gif


I think you should make dropped rings/coins from the player unable to be attracted by the attraction card if you can so the bug can be fixed. Thanks.
 
Back
Top