JSFN

[Open Assets] JSFN v2.1.4

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Re_

Member
Re_ submitted a new resource:

JSFN - Rougelike Deckbuilder mod for SRB2

Come on down to Tails' Casino to try the brand new card game, JSFN!
(pronounced jus-fin)

JSFN is a new mod I've made that turns SRB2 into a Rougelike Deckbuilder. There's 7 decks available and 36 different cards.

If you've played the SM64 ROM hack "BAZR", you'll get the concept almost instantly. But in case you haven't, in this mod your moves and abilities have been removed and replaced with playing cards! If you run out of cards in a level, you die.

You have 3 lives to complete 5 levels...

Read more about this resource...
 
Re_ updated JSFN with a new update entry:

v1.0.2 - Minor bugfixes

Just a set of minor bugs that needed fixing.

Patch Notes:
  • Fixed a softlock with the Amy Deck if you used a Roll card while still
  • Fixed the Amy Deck to start with the usual 12 cards instead of 15
  • Jumping in a gravity flip sector will now flip your gravity
    • This was intentionally not fixed before, but this will make more sense for people playing for the first time.

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Re_ updated JSFN with a new update entry:

v1.1.0 - Balancing Update + Constant Error Fix

Some slight balancing changes to make this mod better? Kinda? I don't know.

Patch Notes:
  • Balancing changes, courtesy of Derpzumi
    • Rank requirements have been adjusted to make A and S ranks much rarer.
      • S Rank - 10000 → 50000
      • A Rank - 8000 → 25000
      • B Rank - 6000 → 12500
      • C Rank - 4000 → 6250
      • D Rank - 2000 → 3125
      • E Rank - 0 → 0
      • S ranks were just a bit too easy to get, and I saw a few people get above 40 thousand, so I feel this change is...​

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Very good BAZR-type mode! Good if you want Just Some Fun Now, hehe

GLOBAL:
- Some debug features were left in and are still very accessible. Not even password protected. Yikes.
- Nice easter egg with J and S on the title! F and N don't work.
- Amy's dialogue has to be passed with J before you can select a card to increase uses of / laminate / destroy. Tails's doesn't, so...

CARDS:
- Using bonk in hitstun puts you into a glitched state where you can't take damage, but also can't pick up Rings.
- Using bonk at the very end of a level - just before the transition back to the lobby - locks you into a wacky angle in there. Funny; please keep it
- Teleport clips through FOFs. Which can get you stuck. Also funny; please keep it
 
Very good BAZR-type mode! Good if you want Just Some Fun Now, hehe

GLOBAL:
- Some debug features were left in and are still very accessible. Not even password protected. Yikes.
- Nice easter egg with J and S on the title! F and N don't work.
- Amy's dialogue has to be passed with J before you can select a card to increase uses of / laminate / destroy. Tails's doesn't, so...

CARDS:
- Using bonk in hitstun puts you into a glitched state where you can't take damage, but also can't pick up Rings.
- Using bonk at the very end of a level - just before the transition back to the lobby - locks you into a wacky angle in there. Funny; please keep it
- Teleport clips through FOFs. Which can get you stuck. Also funny; please keep it
Thanks for the good review, now to go over the stuff you brought up.

  • I kept the debug stuff in because I still might need to update the mod and commenting and uncommenting stuff is kinda annoying. I could add a marker on the results screen that says you used them in a future update though.
  • Ah someone found it, also F and N do work, they just have to be bound to keyboard keys, as it's impossible to read the mouse on the title screen for some reason.
  • I think this is a case of me mindlessly copy+pasting stuff without making changes, so my bad on that one.

  • Oh so that's what causes that bug. I encountered it a few times while testing but I never found what caused it, so I assumed it was too rare to encounter normally.
  • I knew about this and I never fixed it because it was funny.
  • This is because I didn't make any collision checks in the Teleport card before just moving the player there.

Also, very nice Text Box library you made! Only issue I had while making this is lack of netgame support.
 
Re_ updated JSFN with a new update entry:

v1.1.1 - Minor Bugfixes

Nothing major here, just some fixes to things.

Patch Notes:
  • Amy's text no longer requires you to press jump to laminate or upgrade.
  • Bonk is no longer usable during I-Frames. This is to fix the player going into a weird state where nothing can be interacted with.

  • Using debug commands now marks the current run as cheated, and this will be shown on the results screen.

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Re_ updated JSFN with a new update entry:

v1.2.0 - The Saving Update

No, you still can't save mid-run. Nor are there global upgrades. But now the mod saves your Wins/Losses, best scores, and a new feature, The Collection. Find Metal Sonic in the casino to view it.

Patch Notes:
- Progress saving! Kinda. The mod now saves your Wins/Losses and Scores
- The Collection has been added
- Much more error fixes
- Yeah, I didn't fix ALL of the errors last update or even in this one... This is a good chunk now successfully fixed though.
-...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Re_ updated JSFN with a new update entry:

v1.2.1 - wow using menus doesn't suck anymore

I remembered I have free will with the updates and made the menus make more sense.
  • Menus now work with up and down inputs
  • If using a controller, accept/back are now forced to be the A/B buttons, instead of whatever was mapped to jump and spin
    • On MacOS, these may be swapped on D-Input controllers.
  • Probably broke a bunch of stuff
    • (please tell me here if anything bad happens)



"Hey Re, isn't this just you...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Re_ updated JSFN with a new update entry:

v1.3.0 - The Fang Update

Fang has decided he wanted to be included and blew up a wall inside the casino to make room for himself. No one is really sure how to get him to leave and he's been making deals with people trying to play the game, so maybe it's better if you stay away?

v1.3.0 Testers:
@MetallicLatteCaramel
@nika20

Patch Notes:
  • Added Fang
  • Actually fixed the bug that caused the issue in v1.2.1
    • (it was 1 typo, no clue why i didn't fix this in...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Back
Top