Jeck Jims' Highpoly MD2s

Wow.

All of these are AWESOME. Thanks for continuing to update these amazing MD2's since 2.0, they really make SRB2 feel alive for me.

Could you please specify who's wads you are basing your Amy and Silver models off of? There's like 3 different versions of Silver, none of them have been released on the MB, and the Amy Rose that has been released on the MB doesn't work with your model (unless you mislabled it in md2.dat).

...Is it on purpose the character "Amy" uses the model "Rosy.md2", and the character "Rosy" uses the model "Amy.md2"? It's... really confusing me.
But other than that, I'm very happy to see you adding some missing models and such and, most of all, adding colour-changing character models. Thank you.

The Rosy.wad on the MB skinname is "amy."
Amy.md2 was made as an alternate for an unreleased rosy.wad. I'll rework a version of her to work with an MB Amy soon. Silver doesn't have an official released .wad either, but he shouldn't have an issue being compatible with most random silver wads.

Last edited:
Not sure why, but the MRSP spinning animation isn't animating for me. Not really sure why. The MD2.dat has the correct formatting for it, too. Any ideas?

-EDIT-

Seems if I move around WADs with startSRB2, it works just fine.

Last edited:
PL8FlFO.png

Not sure if anyone else has this issue with the emerald models.

Not sure if anyone else has this issue with the emerald models.
I that would be because the mod you're playing uses different sprites for the emeralds, while the emerald MD2 actually uses the in-game sprite as texture (and as a result is incompatible with mods that change the in-game sprites for emeralds).

This is actually my bad folks! Sorry bout that, chaos emeralds now do use their own texture. I've updated the main download to included it, or you can find it in the attachments. And here:
attachment.php

Simply add to your md2 folder and make sure it's named "EMMY.png."

Last edited:
I know I'm late but MD2s with colors? This is awesome! At long last!

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Well, looks like the red and blue team monitors are still spazzing out. Is there any way that can be fixed?

Last edited:
Is there going to be a new ModernSonic md2...? i would use the old one but i dont have a blend for that.

Is there going to be a new ModernSonic md2...? i would use the old one but i dont have a blend for that.

It's not that hard to make one, just copy the texture file, open the copied version and edit it with gimp or photoshop (anything with the ability to edit with alpha channels or transparency), and delete the parts that aren't going to be colored and make the rest black and white, if you want, I can make it for you

Jeck Jims' MD2s 2016 - The year of Tails, and Colors.

Speaking of putting older MD2s in newer versions, I tried doing the springboard MD2 suggestion somebody gave me a few pages back and it didn't work.

Y'know, as much as I'm not the most fond of the Classic Sonic style of things, in SRB2 and the way you've done it, it just feels... REALLY natural. The models are absolutely awesome and they fit so well in the game to me, and I really think you've outdone yourself with it.

The ability to colour them is even more insane, and every last complaint I had about them originally is now completely invalid. The only complaint I have now is that there are still some sprites that haven't been replaced, and that will likely be addressed in time anyway, so in all seriousness?

Great job, Jeck. Keep being awesome.

Y'know, as much as I'm not the most fond of the Classic Sonic style of things, in SRB2 and the way you've done it, it just feels... REALLY natural. The models are absolutely awesome and they fit so well in the game to me, and I really think you've outdone yourself with it.

The ability to colour them is even more insane, and every last complaint I had about them originally is now completely invalid. The only complaint I have now is that there are still some sprites that haven't been replaced, and that will likely be addressed in time anyway, so in all seriousness?

Great job, Jeck. Keep being awesome.

Thank you! I've certainly been trying to keep the SRB2 style for a while now.

As for every single sprite being replaced, that's probably not likely. The main reason I don't release my models for springs or post the old ones for bushes (other then they aren't very good with today's standard) is they simply cause unnecessary slowdown/frame skipping in certain levels, and this is using 8 CPU cores! Same goes for flowers or any level aesthetic sprites.

What I do plan on releasing soon are models for all the badniks. I wanna keep a consistency in what is modeled and what is not, Characters, Collectibles, Enemies, and Bosses.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Just a look at things to come, I hope to give some other older models a revamp like this as well.

Something i just remembered to ask is why doesn't the pity shield work with the shield model? I've tried adding PITY SORB.MD2 3.0 0.0 to my md2.dat and it still shows up as a sprite...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back