Issues that the devs need to fix.

karlkon

Rats, Rats, we are The Rats. -Ratcore or something
1: Get rid of port forwarding required multiplayer. I'm not willing to frick up my router.
2: Mod Softlocking. Remove it. It's annoying that i can't make a save file or use nights mode when using a mod. It's really pissing me off.

O
Ok Byeeee!:

1: Get rid of port forwarding required multiplayer. I'm not willing to frick up my router.
2: Mod Softlocking. Remove it. It's annoying that i can't make a save file or use nights mode when using a mod. It's really pissing me off.

O
Ok Byeeee!:
1: SRB2 use's net play, and port forwarding is required for net play functionality.
2: Im pretty sure you will be able to use save file's when using mod's in 2.2.10 if im not mistaken.
3: You dont need to be that fucking aggressive. The dev's actually have a LIFE outside of SRB2.

O
Ok Byeeee!:
1. use this for portfowarding or yknow, dont. after all srb2 requires you to portfoward and if you don't, your chances of making your own server is down the drain.
2.use the 2.2.10 pre release, or these two: Custom Save or the thing that removes setgamemodifed

We're interested in allowing people to save with mods loaded, and I would hazard a guess that it will likely happen sometime in the v2.2 patch cycle. Getting rid of the need for port forwarding is not high on our list of priorities, however. We would gladly accept merge requests for either feature on GitHub, assuming the code is properly tested. Meanwhile, we're kind of busy trying to finish the single player campaign 😅

We know port forwarding is a pain -- I couldn't figure out how to do it back when I was a teen playing v1.09.4a -- but we've done everything in our power to make it less of a hassle. Links to helpful guides can be found on our FAQ.

As far as saving with mods loaded goes, have you tried out this addon that circumvents the problem?

We're interested in allowing people to save with mods loaded, and I would hazard a guess that it will likely happen sometime in the v2.2 patch cycle. Getting rid of the need for port forwarding is not high on our list of priorities, however. We would gladly accept merge requests for either feature on GitHub, assuming the code is properly tested. Meanwhile, we're kind of busy trying to finish the single player campaign 😅

We know port forwarding is a pain -- I couldn't figure out how to do it back when I was a teen playing v1.09.4a -- but we've done everything in our power to make it less of a hassle. Links to helpful guides can be found on our FAQ.

As far as saving with mods loaded goes, have you tried out this addon that circumvents the problem?
What an absolute chad :threat:

Don't have access to thr computer i have SRB2 on, but i'll try the... err... addon? when i do! Also, it's good to know that even the devs at least somewhat share my pain, or did at some point! Though, i wasn't having an issue on how to port forwarding, but just didn't want to do it! I don't even own the router, so i just don't want to touch it at all, unless it needed resetting, at least.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back