Is Spark the Electric Jester 2 worth having?

Icarus

Phantasy Savior
I appreciated the first (thought not as much as Sonic BtS/AtS nor Freedom Planet) is it good compared to 3D Sonic games?

It is damn good, but not on the same level as spark 1 imo.

Still worth a play, even though it is a shorter and smaller game than the first :<

It is damn good, but not on the same level as spark 1 imo.

Still worth a play, even though it is a shorter and smaller game than the first :<
Okay, so I need to replay Spark 1 and prepare myself psychologically to expect worse (which isn't expected for a sequel).

But at least it's better than most 3D Sonic games right?

I never played it, so you may just ignore this reply. I've seen some let's plays of spark 2 and the game seems kinda empty. It's like fark has so much movement options that the more you explore the more you see that Lakefeperd didn't intend you to explore the game to the fullest. Now, I haven't played it, maybe it is fun, but from what I've seen it's kinda underwhelming

I never played it, so you may just ignore this reply. I've seen some let's plays of spark 2 and the game seems kinda empty. It's like fark has so much movement options that the more you explore the more you see that Lakefeperd didn't intend you to explore the game to the fullest. Now, I haven't played it, maybe it is fun, but from what I've seen it's kinda underwhelming
Maybe Lake didn't want to clutter the game and honestly at least he's focusing in his level design instead of adding too much.

The level design is open but not too non-linear; a lot of it is mostly straightforward.

The later half of the game turns into F-Zero because you go so fast and the terrain is twisting and turning around in interesting ways.

On top of that Spark 2 isn't automated at all, so I hope you don't go flying in a terrible direction should you fuck up :worry:

Its pretty fun, but lemme warn you getting all medals will be hard, the first stage has if not the hardest time to complete to get both gold and platnium medals, and always have power armor if you have problems with enemies and bosses.

It's a 6/10.
It VERY Similar to Sonic Adventure 2 in the Gameplay but Enhanced.The Story is Inspired by Sonic Forces.That Docks a Few Points.
763aeo.jpg

It's a 6/10.
It VERY Similar to Sonic Adventure 2 in the Gameplay but Enhanced.The Story is Inspired by Sonic Forces.That Docks a Few Points.
View attachment 82261
How is it inspired by Forces' Story? There's no war happening just Fark looking for answers on his past(at least until the space fleet level), and btw besides from Dr. Armstrong, Fark has about ZERO allies, and before you say Astra, no she doesn't count cause of certain events that happen later on in the game and the sequel after it. And there was no: (SPOILIERS AHEAD DONT READ IT IF YOU DIDNT FINISH THE SECOND GAME)
"The Protagonist is the Son of the Antagonist"
plot twist in Sonic Forces, not to mention Double just wants to kill...and doesn't care for good nor evil. And E.J. is just E.J. basically kinda the comedy relief of the game as he takes more L's than W's.
Post automatically merged:

Also that's the thing...he DOES want you to explore, find routes for getting better times, and it rewards you with some bit bubbles that better your score, and some enemies to fight! FM City (the first stage) is a prime example of that.
Post automatically merged:

And btw this game does not play around with certain themes, aka they do not hesitate to kill off characters that just appeared as new characters, and once you get to 3, prepare to be mentally shattered or get ready to take a bit of a break after completing the game.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back