is it possible to remade srb2 to look like sonic mania?

neonhedgehog

you best believe boi!
i have a idea to remade srb2 using the sonic core engine its like a demake of srb2 to turn back in to a 2D game again
sooo is it possible to do it? well for music is easy but for the level design to resemble the 3D version is gonna be hard work so is it possible let me know!
i even have planned to add some extra levels like: sunset dockside and electro tower complete with a boss
soo let me know is it a good idea i havent do much work into it infact i havent done anything at all :p

well i guess srb2 2.2 kinda feels like sonic mania (plus) sooo i was thinking to make a remake style like sonic mania

Satisfying 2D levels can be challenging to make in our engine, because our method uses a top-down approach to creating level geometry. 2D Sonic level design generally involves a lot more slope variance and a greater sense of vertical scale with multiple platforms often being stacked on top of each other, which means you'd be forced to juggle a lot of control sectors.

A little more problematic is that our engine isn't really designed to handle wall and ceiling running; our gravity is also a little more "squished" than the classics, which can make slopes feel a little jank.

In other words: it's doable, but it's kind of a pain in the ass and the payoff isn't great.

well i was thinking to use the 2D mania style sonic engine to use that not the srb2 engine doesn’t be silly now colbaltBW
i already try to use the srb2 engine but the end result is not that amazing soo i chose to use the sonic core engine instead of the srb2 engine that’s why

well i was thinking to use the 2D mania style sonic engine to use that not the srb2 engine doesn’t be silly now colbaltBW
i already try to use the srb2 engine but the end result is not that amazing soo i chose to use the sonic core engine instead of the srb2 engine that’s why
SRB2 2D indeed DOES sound like a cool idea, but usually stuff like that I'd recommend to not do alone.

And no, this isn't a request to help, before you ask, I'm not smart with code (lua as an obvious exception) so you'd need to ask someone else.

i know like i said i have not made progress im still redrawing every sprite in the game
to have that mania like art style you know what i mean right? also im NOT going to remix the srb2 ost okay and that’s final

I do not want to go back to 2D, because Sega doesn't what they want and SRB2 is the last Sonic game I can just play in 3D.

uuuuuh? what are you talking about i’ve not done much work to it and srb2 is a fan game not an official game silly and im using a different sonic game engine the sonic core engine
Post automatically merged:

also does anyone else knows what’s he’s talking about?

sorry sorry my little brother stole my phone and type those emojis soooooo yeah i was gonna say maybe you should practice more 2D games that was im gonna say not laugh at the dude soooo sorry 😐

i was not trying to be rude or even anything like that at all i was trying to tell him to practice some more that’s all i ment sooo jer if you’re gonna make a video about me please just no ( also i know you have a youtuber ) theres my prof

Last edited:
I highly doubt someone just steals your phone and prohibits you from editing it or paying attention to what was sent, but ig sorry your little brother intervened, you said sorry and now the issue is resolved

Anyway on a more serious note: The forum thread should be titled "Is it possible to remake SRB2 to look like Sonic Mania?". Honestly it really isn't that hard 🙄

sorry sorry my little brother stole my phone and type those emojis soooooo yeah i was gonna say maybe you should practice more 2D games that was im gonna say not laugh at the dude soooo sorry 😐

i was not trying to be rude or even anything like that at all i was trying to tell him to practice some more that’s all i ment sooo jer if you’re gonna make a video about me please just no ( also i know you have a youtuber ) theres my prof
Couldn't you delete them???

Whoops! Looks like I misunderstood the original question.

I don't know very much about Sonic platformer engines, but generally speaking I know a lot of the concepts our game would translate well from 3D to 2D. A lot of the reason for that is because our game design is directly derived from the 2D classics, such as character-specific branching paths and various stage gimmicks. Totally doable in my mind.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back