Intro inspired paper sprite peelout animation

Intro inspired paper sprite peelout animation 1.4/CD 1.4.1

This is awesome but it breaks with frame interpolation turned on when using the uncapped mod. There ends up being another sprite of sonic in front of the main one and it has the figure eight effect while the main one does not.
View attachment 52066
That's a problem with uncapped, which is sadly not able to be fixed due to how the frame interpolation works
Bruh this is the error i encounter every time i try using it ._.
View attachment 52074
Is the sprites supposed to look like that?
You wouldn't happen to be on a Mac, would you?

Found some issues with 2.1.1:
  • MCSonic doesn't jump out of a peel-out correctly.
  • The Super dash frames don't display.
  • Super MCSonic's drop dash doesn't play the correct sound when landing from a drop dash. It should be "DSCDFM01".
  • Some sounds already exist in SRB2.
    • DSPELCHR = DSCDFM11
    • DSPELREL = DSCDFM01
    • DSMCBNCE = DSS3KAE

Found some issues with 2.1.1:
  • MCSonic doesn't jump out of a peel-out correctly.
  • The Super dash frames don't display.
  • Super MCSonic's drop dash doesn't play the correct sound when landing from a drop dash. It should be "DSCDFM01".
  • Some sounds already exist in SRB2.
    • DSPELCHR = DSCDFM11
    • DSPELREL = DSCDFM01
    • DSMCBNCE = DSS3KAE
wrong mod

Since there's already a Peel Out resource I tried mixing the two so when you actually used the Super Peel-Out it'd use this animation.
Yet, no matter what I make the anim check for, it just doesn't work.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've tried checking for the flag that indicates Peel-Out being on, and even if the speed matches that needed to maintain the modded Peel Out and still nothing changed. Just boring old RUN animation. Oh well.

Since there's already a Peel Out resource I tried mixing the two so when you actually used the Super Peel-Out it'd use this animation.
Yet, no matter what I make the anim check for, it just doesn't work.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've tried checking for the flag that indicates Peel-Out being on, and even if the speed matches that needed to maintain the modded Peel Out and still nothing changed. Just boring old RUN animation. Oh well.
States. You need to use (or make, if you need) the states

@SuperPhanto
Hey, I get this error every time a player joins my tag server:
WARNING: .../Tag/Features/L_PaperPeelout-v1.3.1.pk3|lua/LUA_PEEL:5: attempt to index field 'mo' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
.../Tag/Features/L_PaperPeelout-v1.3.1.pk3|lua/LUA_PEEL:5: in function <.../Tag/Features/L_PaperPeelout-v1.3.1.pk3|lua/LUA_PEEL:4>
It always happens when a player joins and is in spectator mode. I suspect that's because the lua code isn't checking if player.mo is equal to nil or not (it will equal nil if the player is in spectator mode).

SuperPhanto updated Intro inspired paper sprite peelout animation with a new update entry:

Version 1.4: The 2.2.11 preparation update

ANY MODS THAT USE THIS RESOURCE WILL HAVE TO UPDATE WITH THIS, OTHERWISE THE PEELOUT WILL CONTAIN FLASHING LIGHTS IN 2.2.11
- Updated the Dashing sprites again, this time only slightly
- All new Dashing sprites for Super Sonic, based off of the unused Knuckles Chaotix Super Sonic sprites (new dashing sprites not present in the CD variant)
- Made the Peelout thicker again
- Optimized code, making it easier to read / modify, and switched to a new method of removing the Dashmode...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back