Interactive Colors

Interactive Colors 1.3

did you enable devmode beforehand?
sometimes I think that command can fail, but Im not sure
The color command doesn't require devmode, and even after I do enable devmode it still doesn't work. Ah well, I guess I guess I can just use it in netgames.

The color command doesn't require devmode, and even after I do enable devmode it still doesn't work. Ah well, I guess I guess I can just use it in netgames.
srb22573.gif

interesting, the color commands doesn't seem to work without devmode for me, this command always confuses me for some reason, i'm sorry

Well it didn't say "This command requires devmode to be enabled" so it's probably a glitch.
It's not. Without devmode, the color command is for the Player Setup menu for Multiplayer, not your current skincolor. It modifies the color you have in the Player Setup menu, unless you have Devmode (in which case your current skincolor is also modified).

Could you maybe give these colors an alternative, one-word name? It's impossible to set up key binds to change to these skins because of it.

Trust me, I've tried.

Edit1:

I've tried to figure out how to do this myself with no luck, could you please do something about this? At this rate, the only way I can conveniently use these skins is if I modify the character's SOCs so that they start with the skins equipped.

(why is it so hard to get "Double Quotes" & "Escape Characters" to work in Lua)

(if the names of these skins weren't two words, I wouldn't be dealing with this)

Edit2:

I thought came to me a few minutes ago "Can you even use [color] in a key bind" The answer, after doing a simple test, is no. I made a simple key bind (bind f "color black") and nothing happened after pressing f. Now I wonder why does the "color" command refuse to work in a key bind? (Even after I turned dev mode on.)

in any case, I apologize for my previous message (in Edit1) I know It came off as very aggressive. (or just very tense)

(I was frustrated that nothing was working, either the game didn't register the key bind as valid, or it would tell me that ["interactive" isn't a valid color])

So I'm sorry I blasted you with a request to do something about it.
(which I know is against the rules)

Edit3: Thanks to this:

& being able to shorten the names myself ("InterShield" instead of "Interactive Shield" for example)

I got it to work finally!

(I'm ending the edit-fest here, in case someone wants to do this without going through the same mental hoops I did to get to this point)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back